Menu

Executive Funtions (cross posted with the General Board)

Hi There,

I'm so excited about this book, 50 Tips to Help Students, that I wanted to share it with you. It's not homeschool specific, but it has amazing tips that are applicable to any situation. I was able hear the Author, Marydee Sklar talk at a Meeting that was held by Decoding Dyslexia Oregon    (Part of this nation wide Dyslexia Group)

Anyway, it's a good read! It's insightful for adults as well as students. Also, there is a teacher's guide that you can purchase. I am sure it's worth the cost. There are Online classes to partake in, Portland, Oregon live classes if you're local....

Anyway, It's a great book, and I'd love to hear your thoughts if you read it!!!!

Thanks for the enthusiastic recommendation!  :) 

Hmm ... the Amazon listing doesn't have a "look inside" feature for this book.  Can you give us a little taste of the sort of tips she offers?

I've been trying to find something *really* useful ... *really* applicable to my particular DS ... but so far I've been unable to find the Goldilocks "just right" book.  You know how that goes, I'm sure.

So, is it more than "set a timer" and "make a list" stuff?

Thanks for the enthusiastic recommendation!  :)

Hmm ... the Amazon listing doesn't have a "look inside" feature for this book.  Can you give us a little taste of the sort of tips she offers?

I've been trying to find something *really* useful ... *really* applicable to my particular DS ... but so far I've been unable to find the Goldilocks "just right" book.  You know how that goes, I'm sure.

So, is it more than "set a timer" and "make a list" stuff?

Maybe you can try again?  It's not what you're afraid it is :)

It talks about NOT just making a list...

It talks about blaming the brain, not the child. HOW to get it so your child can go from the glazed look to the action they're suppose to be doing.

If you can't get inside the book... I'll try to figure out how to get the table of contents to you :)

• 3 weeks later...