Menu

A Small Quilt for Rosie

Aubrey

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sorry to take so long posting about this. I sent the quilt out (finally) on Monday. (I have to save up a lot of courage to go places like the PO, lol.)

Thank you guys so much for your beautiful squares & sweet notes & just--everything. It was really moving to get to work on it. Also, intimidating. But there was fair warning about that. ;)

Now...how to post a picture! :p (It keeps saying my file is too big; do you know how to make it smaller?)

Yes, but first I searched shipping prices online & lost a day or two breathing into a paper bag. Then the nice lady at the PO said "Online prices are different." Although--acc'd to "online" prices, paying at the PO would have been more $$. Also, UPS. To Australia. Don't look at that, because that's black-market-kidney territory. :D

The biggest accomplishment, really, was keeping the kids off of it. You'd think w/ pins & needles, they'd avoid it more. *scowl* 

You are awesome ladies to do that for dear Rosie. I don't know if I'm good enough at sewing to do an appliqued hand and I wish I could have participated.

It is so wonderful to see. Thanks for posting a pic, Aubrey!

There are two hand quilts and the other one is in pieces in my house. :) I'd love your hand if you want to hand it over. :rofl:

(Now I'll pretend I'm not reading this again or Aubrey won't love me any more.)

There are two hand quilts and the other one is in pieces in my house. :) I'd love your hand if you want to hand it over. :rofl:

(Now I'll pretend I'm not reading this again or Aubrey won't love me any more.)

What! I would love to hand over my hand. I've got one to spare for you. Tell me the sizes. PM an address to me. I will figure it out. I know enough other ladies that sew that could tell me how to do it. Hearts, hugs and hands to you.

• 3 weeks later...

What! I would love to hand over my hand. I've got one to spare for you. Tell me the sizes. PM an address to me. I will figure it out. I know enough other ladies that sew that could tell me how to do it. Hearts, hugs and hands to you.

Oops. I didn't see this post until just now. I'll pm you :)

• 2 weeks later...