Menu

My not at all fun news

Rosie_0801

I have been out of town and just seeing this now. First, I want to say how sorry I am. Next I want to say that I truly know that words are not of much help right now. Tomorrow marks the 4 year anniversary of my oldest being killed in a car accident. I know your pain and I do not wish it on anyone. I saw that you said that you are not in shock. Maybe you aren't, but I can tell you that it takes a long while to get your bearings again. Be gentle and kind with yourself and your family. Do whatever you feel you need. My kids were 11 and 5 when their brother died. It was and is a long road for them. For a solid 2 years, my youngest cried over every. single. thing. His heart hurt and he needed to cry. I learned to give him the space he needed to feel his pain. Here I sit 4 years later and it still hurts, but the sharp pain becomes more manageable. It is a long journey and I am so very, very sorry for your loss. If there is absolutely anything I can do to help, please pm me and I will give you my direct contact info. Lots of hugs. Be kind to yourself.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking of you all week, Kari. I think it is **so much** harder when they are older. We all have hopes and dreams for our kids, but I think the expectations are hardest to bury. I had a developmentally delayed, autistic boy. He was as cute as anything but I didn't have expectations. I just hoped he'd grow up and it wouldn't be my fault if he didn't. And his parting gift was it wasn't.

I've been thinking of you all week, Kari. I think it is **so much** harder when they are older. We all have hopes and dreams for our kids, but I think the expectations are hardest to bury. I had a developmentally delayed, autistic boy. He was as cute as anything but I didn't have expectations. I just hoped he'd grow up and it wouldn't be my fault if he didn't. And his parting gift was it wasn't.

This brought tears to my eyes.  Thinking of you. 

Rosie, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you are an amazing woman.  I don't know how you can be so strong, but I'm glad to know there are people like you in the world.  

I have been looking at this thread for days and thinking of you & your family many times each day but I still don't know what to say. "I'm sorry for your loss" is probably the appropriate thing, but it feels wholly inadequate once typed out. Sending you love and support and wishing you peace, whether that peace comes in brief or lasting moments. 

Sara

I am in awe of you. Your words are so touching.

I have a hard time even opening this thread because it is so heart-wrenching. Can you believe that? I'm having a hard time? What a stupid thing to even think!

Even more stupid confession... I was actually in Australia when it happened. I've never been there before. I was only there for 4 days and I was in Sydney which is not even close to you. But I just keep thinking I wish I could have come to you, been there for you. How could I just happen to be in Australia for the first time ever at that exact moment and not help you? But I didn't read the boards and missed the opportunity. I know it sounds silly but that's how I feel.

But that is the effect you have on people, Rosie. You have such an amazing heart that we all want to rush to where you are and hold you up and it hurts to have been so close but so far away. I feel like I let you down even though I know that makes no sense.

My heart bleeds for you right now.

I've thought of you every day since reading this last week. I don't have the words to express how my heart hurts for you. I'm in awe of our community here, how even through posts we feel so much for each other. You have so much strength and courage and we are so blessed to have you here.

In my imagination, Marek and kalanamak are in the midst of a most interesting conversation, and piling up apple cores together.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My mum had a dream of him smiling, with a clean face and a new hoodie. Someone had to be responsible for that because I know where his priorities were and cleanliness wasn't one of them. :lol:

Rosie, in trying to find a way to honor your young son's life I want you to know that this week the snacks and fruit used for snacks at a summer program for slum children were donated by me in his honor.  I hope that is cool with you.

Oh, Rosie! I am crying this morning reading your words. My mother passed away in February, and it has been so very, very hard. I can't even imagine, though, the pain you are feeling. My heart has been hurting for you so much, and our family has been praying for you all each night when we do our family devotions. 

Rosie, in trying to find a way to honor your young son's life I want you to know that this week the snacks and fruit used for snacks at a summer program for slum children were donated by me in his honor.  I hope that is cool with you.

Very, very cool.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: :grouphug:  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My mum had a dream of him smiling, with a clean face and a new hoodie. Someone had to be responsible for that because I know where his priorities were and cleanliness wasn't one of them. :lol:

That's really precious Rosie.

Wishes of peace for you and Zia.

Rosie, I'm sorry. 

Don't go away very far, and don't be polite. 

I don't have any nice words, either, to describe the feelings I felt after reading of Marek's death.

Like albeto said-- except maybe stronger.

I've memorized Jan. 26 as his birthday.  I won't forget.

Love.

One of our homeschool groups held a memorial for him on Thursday, planting an apple tree over at the lake where we had our Christmas break up last year. We could just about see him running along the shoreline and sitting in the water up to his armpits :lol: The apple tree so he can repay all those snacks he pinched off everyone else. Seriously, that kid went out to a playground with his uncle once, and came home with a lolly bag having got himself invited to someone's party! Embarrassing for Mum here, but Uncle thought it was hysterical.

One of our homeschool groups held a memorial for him on Thursday, planting an apple tree over at the lake where we had our Christmas break up last year. We could just about see him running along the shoreline and sitting in the water up to his armpits :lol: The apple tree so he can repay all those snacks he pinched off everyone else. Seriously, that kid went out to a playground with his uncle once, and came home with a lolly bag having got himself invited to someone's party! Embarrassing for Mum here, but Uncle thought it was hysterical.

That's great! What a wonderful way to remember him.

Rosie, Marek sounds like he was quite the character with such a zest for life that he didn't let anything slow him down!

I saw in a previous thread posted about fixing your Mom's fence that you refer to him as 'the boybarian'. That made me grin.

I hope all those "zesty memories" keep you and your family smiling even through these toughest of times.

:grouphug:

What a wonderful memorial and memory!

I just saw this.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I have only dealt with miscarriage, and cannot fathom the pain you and your family are experiencing. This is every mother's nightmare.

What a beautiful, beautiful boy.

May you find peace and healing.