Menu

What kind of iPhone 5s case do you have? Do you like it?

Janie Grace

Dh just upgraded our phones. I had an Otterbox before, which I like because it's basically "life proof." However, it's not very cute. ;) My dd has a Lily Pulitzer case which is adorable (but her screen isn't protected). Is there something out there that's both pretty and protective? 

I found an otterbox commuter for the iphone 5 (not labeled 5s) for $24 on amazon and it is the real deal! The iphone 5 case works fine because it doesn't cover the thumbprint with the commuter. Since I drop it on occasion, I'm glad I have it. I do love the look of the slimmer cases though.

Sorry.  I have an Otterbox Defender - I am a total beast on my phone. 

It gets shoved in and out of my purse, my pockets, my grand kids' grubby hands, thrown down stairs, dropped out of moving cars, peed on by the dog . . . and it still works. 

BUT if you look at Etsy, there are a lot of Otterbox cases with glitter/sparkles on them.  They are pricey ($60 or so), but in my opinion worth it.  I have my darn phone with me all the time.  I can't remember which seller I bought mine from, but it hasn't lost any of it's sparkle and it's seen a lot of wear. 

I have an iPhone 5, this case has lasted through all the above and more for over a year. 

Well, I don't know if you would think the colors are pretty, but I have an actual Lifeproof case. I love it because I am very klutzy. My 5 yr old always says, "That's okay! It's Lifeproof."

I started out with a Lifeproof, but I couldn't hear anything no matter how loud I turned the volume.  So I went back to my Otterbox.  I had one for my old phone, and I know it works so I just stuck with it. 

I do like how the Lifeproof cases look, very sleek.