Menu

Hello - another Aussie.

Guest Cordie

• 1 month later...

Hi. We are Aussies, living in the US but about to move home to Queensland and start homeschooling. I have been reading these forums for ages now and feel confident in the academic side of things but awfully nervous about moving off the beaten track of school and such. Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Hi. We are Aussies, living in the US but about to move home to Queensland and start homeschooling. I have been reading these forums for ages now and feel confident in the academic side of things but awfully nervous about moving off the beaten track of school and such. Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Look at it the other way. School is not the beaten track. Your house is the beaten track. You know where everything is, or if you don't, you can make a good guess who lost it. You can go to put the washing on, and sneak something from your chocolate stash while you are out there where they can't hear the wrapper crinkling. You will never have to read 'Lockie Leonard, Human Torpedo.' Or maybe that was just my year. :ack2: Instead you can indulge in whatever good books you've spent your pocket money on. And no one will look at you funny if you wear your pyjamas. 

See? :D

Guest Cordie

Mumjustmoved before you leave it is worth seeing if there is any curriculum/teaching resources that you really want from the US and buy it before you leave as shipping from most places is huge to Australia.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Thank you Rosie for your wisdom, you are completely correct. Also correct about the chocolate. My kids seem to have the most amazing hearing .. "what are you eating mum? Is it chocolate? It sounded like chocolate? You smell like chocolate mum."

Cordie I have been using that advice as my excuse for the last few months, I have a book buying addiction.