Menu

Readers for OPG?

NavyMommy

My daughter  is working through OPGTR and really loves it. The short lessons appeal to her as does the logical order that  the concepts are presented. The problem we're having is that I can't seem to find any early / easy readers for her to get some extra practice with. I don't feel the few sentences per lesson are enough to reinforce all that she's learning and reading is one of those  areas where practice practice practice makes you more fluent.  Any suggestions?

I tried going to the library but even the level 1 books that I looked through had tons of more complicated words that I know from my friends kids are simply taught as sight words in  the schools. She really wants to love reading because she will read to me books she knows by memory over and over again but I have yet to find a good phonetic reader she can practice  with. We have the level 1 Bob books but they're all simple CVC words and she has them memorized.

We're just finishing  up the consonant blends section (section 4) could we maybe just be not quite far enough to pick  books  off the  shelf yet? Thanks in advance for your help!!