Menu

Dingos..

Peaceful Isle

Please help me with this. I have wondered what this movie was for years!!!

It is about a young lost child, I believe. All I remember is that he/she was chased in the woods by dingos, and maybe a scene by a camp fire?? It is a cartoon I think??

I know it sounds weird, but I had nightmares about it in my childhood. It must have been made some time in the late seventies, or early eighties.

I think it also had a creepy song playing while the kid ran from the dingos. Can you tell I have been emotionally affected :p

Anyone have a clue about what the name of this movie could be??? I know this is silly :)

It was not a cartoon, it was a made for tv movie based on real events.  Family camping, dingo stole the baby from the tent.  The parents were accused of murder for years, that the whole thing was a hoax, but years after it happened evidence was found proving that the dingo really did eat the baby.  The movie was called a cry in the dark.  

ETA: there was no music while a kid ran from dingos so I may not be thinking about the same movie as you are in which case, ignore me :)

It was not a cartoon, it was a made for tv movie based on real events. Family camping, dingo stole the baby from the tent. The parents were accused of murder for years, that the whole thing was a hoax, but years after it happened evidence was found proving that the dingo really did eat the baby. The movie was called a cry in the dark.

Yes, but I thought it was in theaters, not made for tv? But I guess that's moot at this point. ;-) It starred Meryl Streep.

Yes, but I thought it was in theaters, not made for tv? But I guess that's moot at this point. ;-) It starred Meryl Streep.

I remember watching it at home on tv when I was a kid.  Maybe there was both a tv movie and a theatre one and I am mixing up the name? I don't know, I just know I watched it at home and my friends and I thought it was fake and funny and acted it out with our dolls. (we also acted out car crashes etc because we were allowed to play in the old suburban in best friend's yard...we were a morbid bunch for a while there lol)

Please help me with this. I have wondered what this movie was for years!!!

It is about a young lost child, I believe. All I remember is that he/she was chased in the woods by dingos, and maybe a scene by a camp fire?? It is a cartoon I think??

I know it sounds weird, but I had nightmares about it in my childhood. It must have been made some time in the late seventies, or early eighties.

I think it also had a creepy song playing while the kid ran from the dingos. Can you tell I have been emotionally affected :p

Anyone have a clue about what the name of this movie could be??? I know this is silly :)

Could you be thinking of "Dot and the Kangaroo?"