Menu

Regentrude, I ordered one of the dresses you linked and...

Hikin' Mama

Oh my goodness, I love that dress and it's a style that looks good on me. I think I'm going to buy it in indigo! Singing Regentrude's praises!!!! I haven't had a new dress in a very long time because I really struggle to find styles and colors in the stores around here that are flattering for me.

THANKS!

I have five of the Lily dresses, two with long sleeves and three sleeveless.

I wear the sleeved ones with leggings and boots throughout the winter, and the sleeveless ones (with or without cardigan, depending on temps and venue) all spring and summer. I wear them hiking and to the performing arts center. They're so easy and comfortable!

Cat

I got Cabernet. The color online is the same as IRL.

I bought the dress last year (I assume it was the same, it looks the same) in bright orange. My favorite color. I saw it at the store on a  mannequin high up the shelve, and that was the last one in my size - so I made them take it off the mannequin for me, LOL. Had to have it. Let the mannequin go naked.

I love the dress, but there is NO way I can wear that kind of a V neck...way too much cleavage...  I would be the sexy homeschooler who was trying to seduce the neighborhood boys...  I LOVE the look of those dresses.  My daughter can wear them, but they do not look appropriate on me.

But I'm glad you found a dress you liked.

I'm Muslim and was thinking of wearing it over a long-sleeve tee and jeans.

I love the dress, but there is NO way I can wear that kind of a V neck...way too much cleavage... 

I wear them to work with a tank underneath, usually in a contrasting color. I wore a teal tank under the black dress yesterday, and this weekend I wore my blue dress with a gray tank and gray leggings. It looks cute, and age-appropriate for me and the neighborhood kids. ;)

Cat

I love the dress, but there is NO way I can wear that kind of a V neck...way too much cleavage... I would be the sexy homeschooler who was trying to seduce the neighborhood boys... I LOVE the look of those dresses. My daughter can wear them, but they do not look appropriate on me.

Fortunately for me, I have no cleavage. ;)

I have five of the Lily dresses, two with long sleeves and three sleeveless.

I wear the sleeved ones with leggings and boots throughout the winter, and the sleeveless ones (with or without cardigan, depending on temps and venue) all spring and summer. I wear them hiking and to the performing arts center. They're so easy and comfortable!

Cat

Where did you find them with sleeves? I'm not seeing a sleeve option

I have the same dress (almost) from land's end, very comfortable:

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-sleeveless-solid-cotton-modal-fit-and-flare-dress/id_234859

Runs large.

Me too.  I love it with an undying passion.  I have it in a few colors for sleeveless and also with sleeves.  

Where did you find them with sleeves? I'm not seeing a sleeve option

I bought one at the outlet mall. I wore it so often that the next time I went to the outlet, I bought another exactly like it. You might find the ones with sleeves toward the middle to end of summer when fall clothing starts showing up in the stores. :)

Cat

Oooo, cute!   I recently broke down and bought a dress and a couple skirts that are similar to those, but from Title 9. I have to try things on, and while there is a Title 9 in my town, there is no Eddie Bauer. :(  I had a pair of Eddie Bauer capris I wore for years. I miss them. They were my go-to pants. :)

OK, I ordered a petite small and it fit perfectly.     However, I am so unaccustomed to clothes fitting perfectly, that after lots of deliberation I decided to go for the medium.     I am pretty sure all of you would have said to keep the small.   

I need a personal stylist; a yes man of sorts...LOL

I am such a doof!

OK, I ordered a petite small and it fit perfectly. However, I am so unaccustomed to clothes fitting perfectly, that after lots of deliberation I decided to go for the medium. I am pretty sure all of you would have said to keep the small.

I need a personal stylist; a yes man of sorts...LOL

I am such a doof!

Actually, last year I bought my normal EB size, which is usually very fit, close to the body. But I just ordered two more Lily dresses, 3/4 sleeved, and went up a size. It won't be as fit like it was tailored for me, but I also need some freedom. I find that wearing your true size requires a certain type of undergarment. The sleeveless Lily dress probably is different given the lower half of the dress.

I love the dress, but there is NO way I can wear that kind of a V neck...way too much cleavage...  I would be the sexy homeschooler who was trying to seduce the neighborhood boys...  I LOVE the look of those dresses.  My daughter can wear them, but they do not look appropriate on me.

I am fairly careful of cleavage when I'm at 4-H events where I have to dress up, so I'll wear it with a lace cami, or make a little insert that I can stitch into place. Van Heusen makes beautiful women's cami's with adjustable straps in a huge array of colors with lace at the top and on me, the lace falls about two inches below the color bone. The cami's hug pretty well so I don't worry about it at all. I own grey, black, white, tan, light blue, purple, aqua, pink, hot pink, red, navy, brown, and pale green. It's so nice because when I find a sweater, blouse, or dress that's too low for me, I can still buy it and just grab a camisole out of the drawer. I haven't had a single outfit yet that looked "less" for wearing the camisole with it. So, maybe consider the dress if you really like it. Kohls also makes a pretty decent higher necked camisole that would look good too.

OH, I LOVE that. I ordered a couple skirts similar to that from Patagonia last year and they are so comfy. The dress is great and now that the baby is not nursing as much it would be wonderful to have a nice dress.

Both the skirt and dress are as comfortable as wearing sweats, imo. : )

• 4 weeks later...