Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Dd1 is sick....

- call dd1's school to report her absent- done

- call doctor to see if I can get dd1 in today, she has a fever and a very high chance of an ear infection (she has had one with every fever so far)- appointment at 200

- after doctor stop to pay home owners insurance and at library to drop off books and quickly get some different ones- forgot the homeowners payment but dh said he would pay it tomorrow

- dishes

- tidy house- done also changed bedding on both beds

- laundry- going

- dinner

- bedtime routine

Melissa--hope dd gets better soon!

I slept in today and went to bed early last night, but I still feel a little tired. My ear is some better, though. Thanks for praying! 

Today:

breakfast 

take dd to tech college for testing (They want her to take the Compass test since her ACT score won't be back for a little while. It will help her go ahead and get registered for classes.)

school with ds: grammar, math, history, science, writing, reading

school with dd: Alg 2, Chemistry, history, lit

lunch

tidy main living areas

clean our bathroom

tidy our bedroom

dinner

clean dr. office

Good Morning....

Melissa ...hope your little one feels better soon.

Amy...rest and hope you will be on the mend asap! 

Today:

• exercise 
  • change bedding and remake bed
  • laundry-4 loads 
  • tidy the house
  • hit Wal-Mart and Costco 
  • have vehicle cleaned and gas up

Have a lovely day every one!

Another sunny day :)

--school

--laundry if enough for a load

--whatever I get done outside

--some Pilates

--buy Easter candy!!!!!!!!!!!

--dinner w dh at the house of someone he knows from Mandarin classes. We've met her dh at the dinner and concert series at the university. They have been to China on the trip we've taking in eight weeks (!) and have been asking for months for us to come over to discuss the trip.

I woke up in a very very bad way.  I think my shoulder blade is out or maybe my ribs on one side or both or something.  Anyway, the pain is so bad I can hardly stand it.  I'm panting due to the pain.  And taking a deep breath  is hard because it moves things (that's why I think it is ribs) and so I shrink back from the pain.  Chiro is open in 40 min.  I can then call and go.  But first I really should find a way to get dressed and to eat breakfast.   

I woke up in a very very bad way.  I think my shoulder blade is out or maybe my ribs on one side or both or something.  Anyway, the pain is so bad I can hardly stand it.  I'm panting due to the pain.  And taking a deep breath  is hard because it moves things (that's why I think it is ribs) and so I shrink back from the pain.  Chiro is open in 40 min.  I can then call and go.  But first I really should find a way to get dressed and to eat breakfast.   

:grouphug: Jean :grouphug:

I'm so sorry, Jean! I hope you will be able to go to the chiropractor soon and that he/she will be able to help you!

Tons of running about this morning.

Went to Mom's to pick up some misc. stuff.

Went to pick up Rowan's boyfriend at his house but he is cat sitting elsewhere, which no one told me so made a huge loop to grab him and get home.

Called Lyme Dr. with a bunch of questions, he is calling back at some point today.  But got the biggest questions answered which is awesome.

Need to make sugar free, gluten free banana muffins for Rowan, she is surviving on them and the first batch is all gone.

Need to make sure I have ingredients for the hot cross buns I have to make tomorrow for family Easter gathering on Saturday.

school with youngest

:grouphug: Jean.

Melissa, I hope your dd feels better. Amy, way to go!

I have a regular day here. Ds1, dd1 and dd2 all went to am practice and ds1 was treating them to breakfast afterward (because he will be gone for dd2's bday). These close relationships with each other are the true reward of all the homeschooling. Mil is coming over in a bit to dye Easter eggs with us. She has done this every year since ds1 was about 3.

I have school to do, school administration, list making for Easter brunch, errands to pet store, Target, pay bills, read some books and write a thank you letter to my aunt.

Some laundry maybe and some cleaning in the afternoon.

Have a great day!

Good Morning, Ladies!

Jean, hope you can get in to see the chiro! Feel better soon!

Today.... I want to bake!

Oh, and I have a WWYD question for you girls? Would you make a 45 mile round trip with 5 kids to a homeschool display (which would be very boring for them) to save $60? I use A Beka's phonics program and a few of their other curriculum items and they are having a homeschool display. I usually go to those anyhow. I love perusing their stuff. Anyhow, they give 20% off your order if your order from a display and I calculated I'd save $60. So, now I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to me. What would you do?

So, today.... I think I'm just going to putz around. Bake, do a little yardwork, do a little curriculum planning.... Unless I decide to drive to that homeschool display.

Life just got worse.  I was trying to call the chiro and kept getting their answering machine.  I went to their website and on Thursdays (only) they don't open until 2 pm.  I really don't know what to do.  I've managed to get dressed - which was a hoot (not really, but I"m trying to stay positive) because my lower back problems makes getting my lower body clothed rather difficult and now this shoulder/rib thing makes getting clothes on my upper body difficult.  I've made breakfast and as soon as I get food in my stomach I can take pain meds and maybe the muscle relaxant - but I have to think this through because if I take them, driving is rather out of the question.  

Jean--Oh, no! Praying for you to be able to take the meds and feel well enough to drive and just get better!

Dd took the test, and the lady who gave her the results said she wanted to keep dd's scores laid out on her desk so she could see all the 9s. Dd made 99 or very close to that on it all. The lady said it was the highest score she's seen the entire time she's been working there. Dd was frustrated that they weren't 100s, though. 

She picked out her classes and will be taking English and College Algebra this fall. It's so hard to believe she'll be a senior and taking college classes in a few short months. Wasn't it just yesterday she was sitting on my knees playing ride little horsey? 

Breakfast is done.  I took the pain med but not the muscle relaxant.  I'm not sure the muscle relaxant really does all that much and the lack of functionality if I'm taking it is worse, in my opinion.

Ds has been a bit too much of a dear.  He keeps following me around and putting blankets over me.  I'm hot!  And I was trying to get black bean soup going in the pressure cooker and he insisted on making it.  Which is fine, except that he insisted I sit down in my armchair which actually causes more pain because of - well, I'm not sure why.  Something to do with stresses on my different bones and muscles, I guess.  And then he kept coming to ask me what the next step was in the recipe.  Finally I got him to let me continue to make it myself!  So the soup is ready but the lid to the pressure cooker is being wonky and trying to mess with that is really painful.  Fortunately dh has woken up and I'm going to get him to fix the pressure cooker lid so that we can cook the soup. 

Right now I'm basically just waiting until the chiro opens so that I can get in there.