Menu

Apologia Elementary MP3's

Hunter

Tell me about Apologia's MP3's.

I'm reading and listening to SOTW a chapter a day, mostly to get my pronunciations right, but the review is certainly useful.

I've been wanting to do the same thing for science. Would the Apologia MP3's and textbooks be similar? 

We've used both the A & P and Birds Mp3. If you can get over the kind of pedantic flavor in a few places, they are worth listening too. They'll have Mp3's of all of the eled by next fall. To me, they are worth it because it's another subject I can count while I'm at work and they are'nt spending the entire day reading (meaning they can draw or do legos or whatever while listening). 

I've only seen the botany book. I owned it for a couple hours only. A student saw it and wanted it and I let her take it. She was manic while doing the rose dissection, and going on and on about the rose "screaming" while being cut into. I don't know, I just somehow never looked at these books again. :lol:

The mp3's and there being a complete set of both books and audio by fall, makes these books suddenly very attractive to me. My basic and content spoken vocabulary is not up to my reading and writing abilities, and access to audio content is one of my primary goals this year.

Thank you so much for mentioning these books in another thread and for giving further information here!

I'm surprised no else if using/talking about these mp3's. :confused1: Maybe because so few of them are out yet? Maybe if all the mp3's are out in the fall, it will be different.

It's just too EASY to hand a child a book and CD and leave them to listen and read along.

Okay, it'll cost $50.00 a set, but I see people spending more than that on a lot of other things.

I can't see myself ever buying the audios for the elementary Apologia books. When I read them aloud to the kids, I skip all of the God-Made-Us content and that means that I'm skipping at least a third of some pages. I heavily edit the other content because we can handle only so much Amazing! Exciting! information with exclamation points! 

While we are huge audiobook fans, we don't do SOTW audio either. 

I could see the advantage to having the older Apologia textbooks on mp3, but the writing style of the elementary series is annoying. Unless the reader edits as s/he goes?

Hunter, the Birds book doe have a beginning chapter on basic scientific classifications, binomial nomenclature, flight, instinct and extinction.  The rest of the book is specific content related to birds, bats, flying reptiles, and flying insects. 

I haven't used the A&P book

I would love to purchase a download of Zoo 2, but it's not available last I checked. A&P is in iTunes and Audible, but not Zoo 2. I emailed them about it, they said they were thinking about making it available based on customer demand. Um, sorry, but it should be a no-brainer. In this day and age to not offer it as a download is not a wise move. And why do one book but not the others? I'd be a bit more understanding if they weren't offering any of them that way. Hopefully when they finish all of the audios they will be offering them ALL as downloads. They have them for their religion series, for heaven's sake. :D

I'm in Australia, I don't want to pay int'l shipping for something I'll be uploading to iTunes as soon as it gets here. :)

Also frustrated that there doesn't seem to be a geology/earth science book in the works anymore. No mention on Jeannie's website, and on her fb page she says they haven't asked her to write one yet.