Menu

Online lectures for history (Medieval, Renaissance)

Hello,

I run a co-op which meets weekly.  I'm looking for a rigorous, high school history curriculum that covers Medieval and Renaissance periods.  I would like to run the class flipped, meaning students watch lectures online, and then we have discussions during our weekly meeting.  Can anyone recommend any online lectures that would be appropriate for this?

Thanks so much!

Dee

• 4 weeks later...

bump and just saying I found Aimee's link helpful too!  Would they even come close to working for an AP world/euro or not really?

I just saw this.

If you did the entire lecture series in one year alongside a corresponding text I would say it definitely could count as an European History AP.  

We started out the year planning on her doing 1/2 this year and 1/2 next year for a credit in Western Civ. I and Western Civ. II.  Well, after spending a TON of time on it this year she wants a break so we may end up calling this year Ancient and Medieval European History and call it good. She doesn't really like the time period from Renaissance on.  

She easily spends about 6 hours a week, working 4 days a week, on this as it is. Now, granted, she is a slow reader, but, imho, I feel the content is AP worthy when based on comparisons of local ps AP classes. 

She watches each lecture and takes notes then uses the bullet points from the course description as short response questions.

She then reads the corresponding chapter from Spielvogel's Western Civ (comprehensive), writes a brief summary of each section, and then does extra work from the workbook.  She has written a few shorter essays of particular events\people that have interested her and will write a longer paper next month (oops, that's only a day away!) to finish up the course.

She also has had literature to go along with the period. However, that counts toward her English credit.