Menu

New New update on me ...

Luanne

I got the results from the PET scan today.  It is stage 3 cancer.  The good news is it is localized to that area.  There are several lymph nodes on that side that are also affected.  I start chemo tomorrow.

Three days after chemo I was finally feeling somewhat better.  The first day I was just dizzy and nauseous (but pills they gave me helped that) and was VERY tired.  The next day I could hardly get out of bed.  Every inch of my body hurt (especially my head).  It was Tuesday before the headache went away.  Next Tuesday I have surgery to implant a port so they won't have to use my veins to put the chemo in.  Then Thursday I have chemo again.  I truly appreciate all of your prayers. 

Hugs and prayers. You'll do great, I'm sure. You're a strong, tough woman. My MIL has stage-4 breast cancer and just feels better and better all the time. She's very happy going the naturopathic route, so you have lots of options. Hugs.

Surely your head is spinning, but how good that your treatment will begin without delay. In our experience, the time between confirmed diagnoses and the start of treatment was several maddening weeks.

Praying that peace will reign in your heart and that you will well tolerate the treatment. Hugs to you, Luanne.

I am grateful for your same that they caught it when they did and that they are treating it immediately swift action is the best hope for full remission. Saying strengthening prayers for you. I know it won't be an easy road. I hope you can find a local support group to help you through this.

The catheter should make things much easier.  At least it really helped me.  If you end up feeling really, really fatigued and numb in your limbs or fingers, and just really awful in general, tell your doctor.  I thought everyone was supposed to feel what I was feeling so I didn't say anything right away.  Then did some research and found that some of my symptoms weren't all that normal.  Turns out I was allergic to one of the ingredients.  They switched me to another version of the chemotherapy drug and it made a world of difference.  Still a lousy experience but MUCH better than it had been.

Hugs and best wishes.  So sorry you are facing this but glad it hasn't spread.