Menu

Math Help Please!

unfrumpable.

Okay. I told my son I would ask.

We are currently using Teaching Textbooks 3.We started sometime towards the end of last year and used it intermittently. After the new year, we've been using it regularly. He is now complaining about it. A lot. He really dislikes multiple review questions on something he already understands.

Here's what he is looking for in a math program. Something that will teach him new concepts, have him do a few problems to be sure he understand it (around fivish), and then move on to the next concept. He wants to learn, but not have to do repetitive work.

Is there anything like that out there? I think he would prefer a computer or online program, but I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Oh, he's 8, will be 9 in October.

We use Math Mammoth that way. I just have DS do as many problems as he needs to practice, and we skip,the rest.

Ditto. I'll assign maybe half the problems on a page.  The only exceptions are word problems and puzzle corners which I require all. If there's a problem with the lesson, we'll review and do the the remaining problems, if necessary.

Maybe you could do the same with Singapore since you have it?  I have no experience with it.

Ditto. I'll assign maybe half the problems on a page.  The only exceptions are word problems and puzzle corners which I require all. If there's a problem with the lesson, we'll review and do the the remaining problems, if necessary.

Maybe you could do the same with Singapore since you have it?  I have no experience with it.

Oh, I don't have it anymore. :lol:  I lie. I just went and checked and I do have 1B still, mostly worked through. I showed it to him and asked if he would like it, just with less problems and he said yes. Maybe that and start doing Life of Fred again, I have some of those too.