Menu

Does anyone else feel ill when they place a large curriculum order?

More than anything, I worry that I got the wrong stuff! I *hate* not having some place local to look through these things first! Spending a ton of money, on things you only "hope" will be "right" is nerve wracking for me!

I am right now organizing a meet/treat/touch and talk day in my county.  The goal is for HSers to get together and look at each others curriculum while eating finger foods/ treats.  Hopefully to be there to get and give advice as well.

I use to enjoy it but after so many mistakes combined with now having only one opportunity a year to pick up books and no library to fall back on if I miss something or something doesn't work out ... gah ... I feel the pressure and it's not so much fun.

I'm thrilled beyond excitement. It feels like Christmas with all those boxes arriving.

My biggest problem is that I click "submit" too fast and them find something else I wanted he next day. Last month I made 4 purchases from rainbow Resource and each time I had to meet the $50 Free Shipping requirement.

Yep, always ended up with more than I originally wanted but it forced me to look and buy some great EXTRAS :D

I am right now organizing a meet/treat/touch and talk day in my county. The goal is for HSers to get together and look at each others curriculum while eating finger foods/ treats. Hopefully to be there to get and give advice as well.

We are doing this too! We annually hold a portfolio share, because they're required in our state and can be intimidating to newbies, and this year we are adding a curriculum share component to it too.

Yeah, OP, I get you. I dithered for a long time before clicking "buy" on the Rainbow Resource order for DS1's Singapore stuff for next year. Much easier when I buy one or two things at a time. :D

Absolutely,  and not just big orders. Small ones worry me too (purchased Killgallon Sentence Composing today).  I've tried so many things that just didn't work for us, I'm afraid to waste even more money.... like; I found a Vocabulary Workshop I bought for DS a couple years ago, still new, in a box today.  I'm going to give it a try with DD to help her get ready for PS style learning. I have so many 1/2 used curriculum, no good to me or anyone else. I mean who wants WWW 3 that 1/2 of the book is done?  I still hang on to them though just in case my sister could get something from them.  

I felt guilty when I ordered the sonlight curriculum even though I knew it was like a quarter of the cost of private school for even one child and it should go through three. I am lucky to be able to borrow my sisters now though. I do feel a little guilty about buying Singapore instead of using the hand me down curriculum I had, but so far the results are worth it I think. I absolutely love it when it arrives though and the kids are wild with excitement