Menu

Error 520?

Laura Corin

I've been getting this error several times a day for the last month or so, but it seems to be becoming more frequent.  I get a screen that shows that my system is fine, 'Cloudflare' in Paris is fine, but the connection to WTM is not.  I retry and sometimes I get through.  This morning, it took around ten tries to get in.  The system particularly dislikes it when I try to do a search on WTM.

Is there any kind of work-around for this please?

ETA: The error occurs both on a wireless laptop at home running OS X and Chrome, and when I use a desktop twenty miles away running Windows and Chrome.

ETA: Next to Error 520 it says:  Ray ID: 103b6d5f6e9f024a

Thank you

Laura

Thanks all, I am working with hosting to track it down. Keep posting here if you get it again.

Thanks, OtherJohn.  I got it about five minutes ago - it's been happening all day.

ETA Twice at 12.30 GMT on 5th March.  Interestingly, I don't get it on my Android phone also running Chrome.

Twice at 12.30 GMT on 6th March

Every time I tried to get into the board between 7.30 and 12 noon GMT on 7th March

Once at 9.30 GMT on 9th March

Twice at 7am GMT on 12th March

L

Ok, we have found the problem. It looks like once again we are getting too big for our server. We are working on getting a fix going as soon as possible.

John

Thanks, OtherJohn.  Don't forget to get back to us if the costs are getting out of hand.....

L

I keep getting a 503 Error (IIRC), stating that the website is offline.  This started back in Feb, usually around twice a week.  It happens almost daily now, and last up to an hour.  A whole HOUR I can't get on the boards!  Are you trying to kill me???

:lol:

Really, I mean the woman is waiting till 2016 for season 4 of Sherlock. She can only take so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting this error several times a day for the last month or so, but it seems to be becoming more frequent. I get a screen that shows that my system is fine, 'Cloudflare' in Paris is fine, but the connection to WTM is not. I retry and sometimes I get through. This morning, it took around ten tries to get in. The system particularly dislikes it when I try to do a search on WTM.

Is there any kind of work-around for this please?

ETA: The error occurs both on a wireless laptop at home running OS X and Chrome, and when I use a desktop twenty miles away running Windows and Chrome.

ETA: Next to Error 520 it says: Ray ID: 103b6d5f6e9f024a

Thank you

Laura

I'm having the same problem for the past 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to access the boards since yesterday afternoon using Firefox.  I am getting an error message that states "Error 503 Service Unavailable."

I am able to access the boards using Internet Explorer, but I am unable to start a new topic or cut and paste using Internet Explorer.