Menu

Secret Underground CC Timeline Song

:confused:

Hi. There's a rumor going around that there's a memory song for the Classical Conversations time line (Veritas Press but in CC order). I have heard others say they have heard others talk about it. But where is it? How do I get it? CC has Hx memory songs, but this is strictly for the time line cards.

Any help would be most appreciated.

You might try on the K-8 board. I just recently got info over there on a CD for the timeline cards (the dates are included), but I do not know if the song(s) are arranged the Classical Conversations way or in the VP way. So, see? I don't know much of anything! But you might ask over there and perhaps someone more savvy than I can link you to the discussion. Or you could just start another one, b/c I am not sure if this is the same CD you seek.

Good luck.

The Veritas Press cards and titles are copyrighted by them, so you won't see the order in any official CC materials listed by anything other than color/number. CC does not have a timeline song in any of the materials that they sell because it would violate the rights of Veritas Press.

The word "on the street" though is that someone has indeed made up a song that some campuses use, but it's not a song available in the materials CC sells. It has been passed along informally, but I've never heard it and don't know of any local campuses that use it.

HTH!

OK, I've posted over at the right board. Hopefully someone will be able to help out with this. I'm a song gal, and I just can't imagine learning (and retaining) 160 points on the timeline without a memory aid.

Will report back here if I find anything out.

Thanks for your support!

:001_smile:

Although I have thus far been unable to locate a copy of the fabled CC timeline memory song, an informant (who shall remain nameless) just told me that the song is in fact not one song but several, and they are ordered thusly:

Weeks 1-4 sung to the tune of - Frere Jacques

Week 5 - Bingo

Week 6 - Jingle Bells

Week 7 - Farmer in the Dell

Week 8 - If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands

Week 9 - Beverly Hillbillies

Week 10 - Skip to my Lou, My Darling

Week 11 - There's a Hole in My Bucket

Week 12 - Did You Ever See a Lassie?

Week 13 - London Bridge is Falling Down

Week 14 - Clementine

Week 15 - Pop! Goes the Weasel

Week 16 - Bear Went Over the Mountain

Week 17 - Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Week 18 - I've Been Working on the Railroad

Week 19 - Jimmy Crack Corn

Week 20 - Mary had a Little Lamb

:hurray:

You have to be familiar with CC's order of the Veritas cards or you'll be a tad "off," although it could probably work just as well with whatever order you choose. Hope this helps!

Although I have thus far been unable to locate a copy of the fabled CC timeline memory song, an informant (who shall remain nameless) just told me that the song is in fact not one song but several, and they are ordered thusly:

Weeks 1-4 sung to the tune of - Frere Jacques

Week 5 - Bingo

Week 6 - Jingle Bells

Week 7 - Farmer in the Dell

Week 8 - If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands

Week 9 - Beverly Hillbillies

Week 10 - Skip to my Lou, My Darling

Week 11 - There's a Hole in My Bucket

Week 12 - Did You Ever See a Lassie?

Week 13 - London Bridge is Falling Down

Week 14 - Clementine

Week 15 - Pop! Goes the Weasel

Week 16 - Bear Went Over the Mountain

Week 17 - Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Week 18 - I've Been Working on the Railroad

Week 19 - Jimmy Crack Corn

Week 20 - Mary had a Little Lamb

:hurray:

You have to be familiar with CC's order of the Veritas cards or you'll be a tad "off," although it could probably work just as well with whatever order you choose. Hope this helps!

Wonderful! I'll try this!

• 2 years later...