Menu

Saying Goodbye to a dear furry friend today

Lizzie in Ma

I know how hard it is.  I had my last Siamese Cat was older but he had cancer too.  I knew I had to put him down when he no longer had enough energy to drink water or eat.  If they are dying and stop doing that, you really make the best choice by giving them a gentle ending.  Dying from kidney failure, which is what alternately happens if they can't eat wet food or drink, is just too painful.

I am so sorry. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I am heartbroken.  Putting down my 13 year old Siamese friend at 11:15.

He has pancreatic cancer and has gotten so weak just over the last week.

Why can't they ever just die in their sleep so I don't have to do this?

mickey.jpg

...because he would much rather die in your lap than alone in his sleep.  :grouphug:

sometimes, I think, when they are hanging on for so long even when they don't have to, they are thinking that they're doing it for us....that we can't live without them so they are trying so hard to be strong and brave....that is how much they love us and sometimes I wonder how we do live without them.  I am sobbing right now as I write this, thinking about our old girl who we put down last October.  I miss her so much,  and I thought, as time went by, that it would get easier....but it doesn't. I'm sorry for your loss but you have done the best thing for the old guy.