Menu

Similarities and differences between FIAR and MP Enrichments

Teneo

• 2 weeks later...

They are very similar.  I used BFIAR and FIAR 1 and 2, 3 or 4 years ago with my DD and got MP K Enrichment for my K son just last week.  I had sold my FIAR and didn't feel like purchasing it again for my son because I hadn't liked the layout when I went through it with my DD.  It (FIAR) didn't really work for me.  We have done one week of MP K Enrichment and I love the layout of the teacher's manual.  I love how the art and music appreciation is included in the MP and I could just look up the art print via a Google search and the music on Youtube.  I'll be getting the first grade enrichment at convention.

They are very similar.  I used BFIAR and FIAR 1 and 2, 3 or 4 years ago with my DD and got MP K Enrichment for my K son just last week.  I had sold my FIAR and didn't feel like purchasing it again for my son because I hadn't liked the layout when I went through it with my DD.  It (FIAR) didn't really work for me.  We have done one week of MP K Enrichment and I love the layout of the teacher's manual.  I love how the art and music appreciation is included in the MP and I could just look up the art print via a Google search and the music on Youtube.  I'll be getting the first grade enrichment at convention.

Does it include crafts/games/etc like FIAR?

I don't even recall FIAR having crafts.  I remember art lessons, but no crafts.  The crafts you see on Pinterest are not from the books.  They are parent created.  There are no crafts in MP K enrichment, although the first week with A Tree is Nice had us use watercolors to paint a tree and had us go outside on a neighborhood walk to identify trees.  It's a lot of reading comprehension and discussion questions.  MP K is more literary "analysis," (grade-level appropriate), art appreciation, music appreciation, with science and history/culture enrichment ideas.  

There is also an adorable craft book for MP's jr. K and k book lists, if you want craft projects. My daughter and I just started the jr. K book by doing some crafts for books we already own on the list. It also includes a craft for each letter of the alphabet. I haven't used the enrichment book, though.

There is also an adorable craft book for MP's jr. K and k book lists, if you want craft projects. My daughter and I just started the jr. K book by doing some crafts for books we already own on the list. It also includes a craft for each letter of the alphabet. I haven't used the enrichment book, though.

Is there a craft book for the k list? I have the jr. k one, but the focus of the crafts (letters, etc) aren't thriling my son. The kindergarten book list is more up his alley. Or are you referring to the K enrichment (I didn't think there was a K craft book)?

We read every single book on the Mp Enrichment lists for K-2nd. We did not, however, do the activities. We talked about the books and made narration pages.

Any particular reason why gou skipped the activities?

Also, simply making narration pages, did it change the amount of time it took to go through the books?