Menu

Second Grade Art Suggestions (can't break the bank)

rockermom

Wow!  It's been a while since I started a topic around here.  I fear this won't be eloquent due to frequent interruptions.   :)

We have been using (and loving) the Usborne Art Treasury for our more involved art projects.  We love seeing the full color original art in the book and reading about the piece and the artist, then doing the project.  

I have been looking for something to help us continue in this way, but most things I've researched have fell short in some way or another (or are simply out of our price range.. which is microscopic).  

Does anyone know of a similar book to the Usborne Art Treasury that we could use next year? 

I'd skip the book and pick and choose projects from Kathy Barbro's excellent website http://www.artprojectsforkids.org. She has them categorized by grade level. I've never been unhappy with any art project we've done from there. You can pick projects that fit your budget for what you want to do. We've done lots of stuff with fairly simple supplies. If you're on Pinterest, you can follow some of her boards—it always brings up something I haven't seen of hers before.

Erica in OR