Menu

Why do I feel itchy, tickly things on me but can't see anything?

J-rap

I keep feeling them on me, all over on different parts of my body, and then little bites or hives or something pop up and itch like crazy!  I can't see any little insects.  It happens day and night.  (Just started a couple days ago.)  Is this an allergy?  It is even on my fingers!  I'm not covered in them, maybe 20-30 altogether right now, but all spread out, from my face to my feet.  I'm currently in Central America.  I'm with three other people, and I'm the only one who has this!  We've all been in the same places, and my husband and I are sleeping in the same bed but he doesn't have them, so I don't think it's bed bugs.

Yes, it could be hives from an allergic reaction. When this happened to me, I was sitting on the carpet and thought we must have gotten infested with fleas!  

Do you have something like Benadryl? That should help the itching and help control them, but I would also figure out my medical options in case it's needed. If it's allergic hives, they can get bad quickly sometimes, and unknown allergic reactions are nothing to mess with. Twice I've had to go to the doctor and get shots plus prescription meds. 

I've had the same reaction to very dry skin, even feeling like something is crawling on my skin. Try benadryl and an itch relieving lotion.

Yes, that's exactly what it feels like, like something is crawling on my skin...  only nothing is there.  I'll have to look for Benadryl, or the Central American equivalent!

I have pernicious anemia; when I'm super low on B12 I get the itches. The constant scratching irritates my skin and that's when the bumps show up.

Whatever it is, I hope you figure it out (and fix it!) soon. It's an icky feeling!

B12 -- that's interesting.  I'll look into that!

I get that, but it is only when my fibromyalgia flares up. It seems the more I scratch, the more the bumps appear.

It could be a hives type issue, or maybe your body is run down for some reason.

Benedryl helps me a lot when I get it. Maybe taking a cool shower will help? Make sure to keep yourself rested and hydrated .

Hope you get to feeling better soon! It is such a pain to itch! :(