Menu

My Fair Lady and Pygmalion

I love musicals, and I love seeing them live in the theater or watching the movie version (Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, etc).  I have had songs from My Fair Lady stuck in my head for days now and I thought it would be fun to watch with my kids.  Then I thought, maybe my older child could read the play and we could make it into a unit for English.

I found this link with some great writing activities, on a touring company's website:

http://www.myfairladythemusical.com/education.htm

Click on "download worksheets", but it's not really a download, it just opens up a pdf in another window.  

So, now I have to figure out if we should watch the movie first, or read the play first?  What do you all think?  Two totally different endings.

Thanks for the link! :)

So, now I have to figure out if we should watch the movie first, or read the play first?  What do you all think?  Two totally different endings.

How about watching back-to-back nights: a performance of the original play of Pygmalion, and then My Fair Lady. The musical movie is actually quite close to the original play, and is filmed in such a way as to resemble watching a play. :)

Also, here's a quick version of the original Greek myth from which the George Bernard Shaw play gets its name.

• 3 weeks later...