Menu

Reading List for Gifted Children

SierraNevada

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/47468.Gifted_Young_Readers

Hey Everyone. So, after seeing so many threads about getting book ideas for advanced readers, I decided to start a goodreads list where anyone can add books that are excellent choice high level books without advanced themes (ie, no sexual suggestion, no intense violence, no foul language). The idea to to make a single list that we can link to whenever anyone here or or the DYS forum asks for reading recommendations for their child. I started it by adding just a few of our favorites just to get it rolling. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think if you just vote for at least one book, then it will always show up

In your goodreads side bar. I'm not sure if there is another way to follow it though.

And to the poster who asked about reading level-- there is no way to list it. I just view it as a list that any well read child should read through, at any age, and even to read through the classics if they are below reading level at the time. I mean, I still enjoy reading some of this stuff and I'm well beyond a 6th grade reading level:)

I use Goodreads to track my children's reading list (not a small job) and this will be a great list to use for more recommentations.   When I Iinked to the book list,   it notified me that I had read 2 of the 100 books and had 2 on my to read list. 

Thanks for the bump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...