Menu

Steps4Kids to Write Cursive DVD

shinyhappypeople

I haven't used the above, but I am going to be using Kentucky Educational Television's series on cursive handwriting with my dd 11 as remedial work (she has dysgraphia).

You used to have the purchase the DVD, but now all of the episodes are available for free online:

http://www.ket.org/itvvideos/offering/reading/cursive.htm

It's an older series - looks like she's wearing an outfit from the early 80's, (and goodness, that introduction is LOOOOOONG!) but the mechanics are solid from the two episodes I've watched so far.  It may be something you can try out for free before shelling out money for a DVD program. 

HTH!

I have this dvd and have only briefly previewed it.

(I might actually have it on the Classifieds board for sale....)

I think it looks neat -- but we also bought the New American cursive wkbk & DD seems to like just going it from that.

The workbook that goes with the Steps4Writing is a pretty cheap download, IIRC ($5).  It looks pretty neat for practicing -- I'd definitely use them if I were going from the dvd.  I really like that it's a download so if you're having problems or need more practice with a letter, no prob.  Just print another out.

I haven't used the above, but I am going to be using Kentucky Educational Television's series on cursive handwriting with my dd 11 as remedial work (she has dysgraphia).

You used to have the purchase the DVD, but now all of the episodes are available for free online:

http://www.ket.org/itvvideos/offering/reading/cursive.htm

It's an older series - looks like she's wearing an outfit from the early 80's, (and goodness, that introduction is LOOOOOONG!) but the mechanics are solid from the two episodes I've watched so far.  It may be something you can try out for free before shelling out money for a DVD program. 

HTH!

Thanks for that link.  I started digging around, and there are a lot of interesting videos.