Menu

Urgent Prayer Request for DS

eaglei

I heard a lot of "I am sorry" and "hugs" types of comments when my dd was diagnosed with cancer. I was really kind of angry for a while, and so while I do have those sentiments, let me also share various "cancer is a four letter word" kind of thoughts. This sucks and no one should get ill let alonr have to deal with lab draws and treatment and insurance and bills and spending bazillions of hours in boring infusion centers with bad chairs.

Sending you virtual chocolate and beverages of your choice....

• Like 16

I heard a lot of "I am sorry" and "hugs" types of comments when my dd was diagnosed with cancer. I was really kind of angry for a while, and so while I do have those sentiments, let me also share various "cancer is a four letter word" kind of thoughts. This sucks and no one should get ill let alonr have to deal with lab draws and treatment and insurance and bills and spending bazillions of hours in boring infusion centers with bad chairs.

Sending you virtual chocolate and beverages of your choice...

Praying for you and sharing those "cancer is a four letter word" thoughts. 

• Like 3

Yesterday was a very difficult day as we were apprised of the options.  There are two:  1)  bone marrow transplant, no guarantees; 2) death, weeks to two months.  We are feeling a lot of things, and praying that ds opts for the transplant, that the required pre-chemo will put him in necessary remission and he'll remain there till transplant happens, that a donor can be found, that the transplant is successful - and that he lives long enough for all that to happen.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, etc.  We need them . . .  Our hope holds in the only One Who has all power . . .

• Like 2

Yesterday was a very difficult day as we were apprised of the options. There are two: 1) bone marrow transplant, no guarantees; 2) death, weeks to two months. We are feeling a lot of things, and praying that ds opts for the transplant, that the required pre-chemo will put him in necessary remission and he'll remain there till transplant happens, that a donor can be found, that the transplant is successful - and that he lives long enough for all that to happen.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, etc. We need them . . . Our hope holds in the only One Who has all power . . .

I can't even imagine what you're going through. All I can say is that your ds, you, and the rest of your family are in my prayers.

Praying for everything to go as planned, and that he is able to get the bone marrow transplant and that he will be completely cured. :grouphug:

PS. I "liked" your update post to show that I was thinking of you and that I appreciated the update, but now it feels a little weird to have liked a post with such grave information, so I hope you understand what I meant. :grouphug:

• Like 6