Menu

Homeschool Tracker

Tarheel Heather

I used the free version for three years and upgraded last year to the Plus.

I live in a state where reports and records are necessary imo. I want everything at the touch of my fingers and all in one with lots of report options. My reports are quick, easy and look professional.

There is a bit of time spent learning and inputting all your information, but it was well spent for me.

I don't have to track anything for our state requirements, but this helps me see what we have to do in one day -- I am a visual sort of person.

I also print out a schedule (assignment calendar) for my son, so I can build in some independence and responsibility for him. It works great for us.

And, when ds2 hits 1st grade, all my assignments will already be in HST so I don't have to re-do everything.

Just a word of warning: when I tried the free version, I gave up quickly because it was quite cumbersome. Please don't judge it by the free version. The plus version is amazing, and once you purchase it, you'll get lifetime downloads as it is upgraded. Their customer service is incredible, too.

I used the free version for a while and then bought the plus ersion. I LOVE the plus version. I have used it for two years now and have no intention of stopping. It keeps me organized, without it I would be lost! On Sunday I print out my Daily Task List for both kids for the week and after that I just check off what is done as we go. It took me some time when I first got it to input everything, but I must say I enjoy having it there instead of on endless pieces of paper all over the house. I remember I agonized over buying it mostly because I don't have to report to anyone. So I looked at the site and watched the videos and still it was hard to *visualize* it. SO I took a chance and I don't regret it. There is a discussion board that answers a lot of question you might have -it is a wealth of knowledge.

Good luck!

I like it too and have used it off and on for a few years now. I am currently using it to print out daily assignment sheets for my dc (printing a week's worth on Sundays).

I don't have state reporting requirements, and so when the dc were younger, I would sometimes question whether I needed to use it (when I was keeping the number of lessons we needed to do in each subject in my head). However, I am finding HST beneficial at this point and intend to continue using it.

At the time I purchased it, I also compared it to Homeschool Chronicles (which I think is no longer around) and to Edu-Track. I really thought I would prefer Edu-Track from my reading online and because I assumed it would be better because it was more expensive. Surprisingly, though, I preferred the free version of HST! (I upgraded to the Deluxe version in part because I felt guilty for benefiting so much from the free version, but I do enjoy the extra Deluxe features.)

BTW, as the others have said, the customer service has been very good!

HTH!