Menu

If you gift new pajamas on Christmas Eve, what else do you include?

Michelle My Bell

We give PJs too.  However, I am stumped as to what to do with my son who never sleeps in PJs!

I like the idea of giving something with it ... books, movie, board/card game, small lego set, a cooking set, sports ball (if it is nice out), thinking putty, music, journal (Listography).

I love the idea of adding a board game to give to everyone on Christmas Eve.  Great Idea!

On Christmas Eve my kids gets pajamas and their memory boxes for the year. I used to do scrapbooks, but I never really enjoyed making those. Now I get pretty boxes at Michaels, and put all of their special objects from the year inside. We open them on Christmas Eve, and sit together looking through the cards, ticket stubs, certificates, field trip loot, and vacation mementos that I collected through the year.

My kids get a gift from "Santas sneaky elves" on Xmas eve (left at our door for when we get home from our visit to my dads house) and it includes:

-new jammies

-hot chocolate

-cute holiday mugs

-a book in one and a holiday movie in the other's

-"reindeer food" to sprinkle on the snow (recipe from Pinterest)

-a cute little note to each saying to have fun getting ready for a magical Xmas

We don't do extravagant gift giving on the holidays, so this is a fun way to make it exciting on Xmas eve and my kids talk about Santas sneaky elves as much as they talk about Santa

Hm...  we really just do jammies on Christmas Eve.  The last couple of years it's been a follow-the-clues thing to get to the jams, but at that point, it's just a pair of pajamas per kid and they're delighted. 

Just don't tell my kids that your kids get something else besides jammies in their jammies box!!

Hm... we really just do jammies on Christmas Eve. The last couple of years it's been a follow-the-clues thing to get to the jams, but at that point, it's just a pair of pajamas per kid and they're delighted.

Just don't tell my kids that your kids get something else besides jammies in their jammies box!!

The elves letter tells my kids that they can't let Santa know that they have been out sneaking gifts so my kids keep it on the hush hush lol

Now that I see that written down it seems rather like a lot of work but it's just cute fun for my two.

I fear this may be my sons last year believing so trying to hang on to the fun magic as long as I can. .

Wonderful ideas everyone! I really like the memory boxes idea, but since I didn't collect anything, I think I will get some pretty boxes at Michael's Crafts to put their jammies in and whatever else I decide. Then I will tape a note on the top that tells them to use their box to collect their favorite memories all year to share next year. I will also include some sort of bible verse and lovey dovey stuff about them. Maybe some sort of charge to keep up the faith and continue to pursue excellence in their lives. 

My boys are getting new pjs and a movie, popcorn, favorite movie candy and hot chocolate.  I saw it on pinterest. I bought some really fun boxes from Hobby Lobby to put everything in.  This is the first year to do this.  In the past it's just been pajamas.

We put all ours in a Christmas Eve box. They get PJ's, a board game, a new movie and snacks. This helps keep them from running around like loonies crazy with excitement lol. We don't go anywhere or visit any family over Christmas so we try to make Christmas Eve fun at home.