Menu

Bedell Curriculum

Quiver0f10

I've only used Bedell with adult remedial students. My KJV ladies have loved it. I have some personal differences with the author, but the curriculum just WORKS for some of my students that nothing else will work for.

I'm anxious to pick up the last volume when it's finished, to have a complete set, even though I'm not using it with anyone right now. I just want to have it there.

Whether people like Bedell or hate it, there's nothing else like Bedell. :lol:

Yes, it can be used as the main spine, along with some basic 3R resources. You can spend a lot more money and time on pricier and more expensive "full" and "complete" programs to accomplish no more, than you will accomplish with Bedell.

Most people would add some free reading--either Bible reading and/or literature, and maybe a book basket of nonfiction library books about the topics covered for the week in Bedell.

I've only used Bedell with adult remedial students. My KJV ladies have loved it. I have some personal differences with the author, but the curriculum just WORKS for some of my students that nothing else will work for.

I'm anxious to pick up the last volume when it's finished, to have a complete set, even though I'm not using it with anyone right now. I just want to have it there.

Whether people like Bedell or hate it, there's nothing else like Bedell. :lol:

Yes, it can be used as the main spine, along with some basic 3R resources. You can spend a lot more money and time on pricier and more expensive "full" and "complete" programs to accomplish no more, than you will accomplish with Bedell.

Most people would add some free reading--either Bible reading and/or literature, and maybe a book basket of nonfiction library books about the topics covered for the week in Bedell.

Thank you!

I personally would never assign the research questions to my olders, with the expectation that they will come back with the answers. I would have them sit through the reading with the youngers, and make SURE they fully understood them. Too many high schoolers and adults do NOT know the basics.

You might like reading the first couple introductory chapters of Science Matters, to read more about science literacy. Just the full lessons for the younger students will achieve scientific literacy with the olders.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Matters-Achieving-Scientific-Literacy-ebook/dp/B002CFQ6WC/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

After the regular lessons, IF my older students had time, I would go over the research questions with the olders, and then would encourage them to read more about whatever they can find on the subject. Then let them come back to the group later and share whatever they found. Let them takes notes in a notebook, but give their report orally.

This would be for olders that are junior college bound, not direct entry into a 4 year bound. Direct entry into a 4 year requires more science than is in Bedell.

I personally would never assign the research questions to my olders, with the expectation that they will come back with the answers. I would have them sit through the reading with the youngers, and make SURE they fully understood them. Too many high schoolers and adults do NOT know the basics.

You might like reading the first couple introductory chapters of Science Matters, to read more about science literacy. Just the full lessons for the younger students will achieve scientific literacy with the olders.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Matters-Achieving-Scientific-Literacy-ebook/dp/B002CFQ6WC/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

After the regular lessons, IF my older students had time, I would go over the research questions with the olders, and then would encourage them to read more about whatever they can find on the subject. Then let them come back to the group later and share whatever they found. Let them takes notes in a notebook, but give their report orally.

This would be for olders that are junior college bound, not direct entry into a 4 year bound. Direct entry into a 4 year requires more science than is in Bedell.

Thanks again! I appreciate the info!