• Lizzie in Ma and DragonFaerie like this

#3102 Dandelion

Dandelion

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4612 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I just learned a new word via Facebook, and feel the need to use it immediately.  So here goes...  :D

I'm tired of the "askholes" in my life.  Askhole: a person who constantly asks for your advice, yet always does the opposite of what you told them. 

• Harriet Vane, Lizzie in Ma, clarkacademy and 11 others like this

#3103 contessa20

contessa20

Queen of the Critters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

This one seems to be a pretty UO.  Chocolate covered cherries are disgusting.  :ack2:   DH loves them so much that he buys out the store after Christmas every year when they go on clearance.

• Amy in NH, myfunnybunch, Erica in OR and 4 others like this

#3104 Xuzi

Xuzi

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

This one seems to be a pretty UO. Chocolate covered cherries are disgusting. :ack2: DH loves them so much that he buys out the store after Christmas every year when they go on clearance.

They're super yummy when frozen!
  • AmyontheFarm likes this

#3105 Belacqua

Belacqua

Czarina Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3504 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

This one seems to be a pretty UO.  Chocolate covered cherries are disgusting.  :ack2:   DH loves them so much that he buys out the store after Christmas every year when they go on clearance.

Oh, I'm with you on that one. In fact, I'll go so far as to say most combinations of fruit and chocolate are unpleasant. I like both, but they need to stay in their own spheres.

• Amy in NH, Jvander, DawnM and 4 others like this

#3106 KungFuPanda

KungFuPanda

Yoga Pants Slut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7948 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Oh, I'm with you on that one. In fact, I'll go so far as to say most combinations of fruit and chocolate are unpleasant. I like both, but they need to stay in their own spheres.

That's segregation! I'm judging you so hard right now!
  • clarkacademy, jewellsmommy, Alte Veste Academy and 3 others like this

#3107 Belacqua

Belacqua

Czarina Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3504 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

That's segregation! I'm judging you so hard right now!

I prefer to think of it as Individualized Attention.

• Chris in VA, Lizzie in Ma, Pod's mum and 3 others like this

#3108 QuirkyKapers

QuirkyKapers

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3698 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

UO

I think people who say they are thinkers, not feelers, have just shut down their capacity to feel and actually need to get in touch with why they can't/don't "feel emotions."

A Myer's-Briggs proficianado I know believes she is a T on the T-F scale, and while she might be, she uses it at every turn to deny her emotions instead of facing the pain/discomfort of feeling them. I think it comes from having bad experiences that felt awful, and she turned to rationalizing/being a "thinker" as a way of coping.

Speaking as someone who talks in terms of what I am thinking rather than feeling.. I feel emotions but I grew up in a environment that didn't verbally pair an emotion with an action.  So, I am more apt to speak in thinking terms instead of  emotion terms. I have been working to connect the two together more.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

#3109 SproutMamaK

SproutMamaK

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, I know, this thread finally almost died and I'm bringing it back. However, I just realized something about myself and felt the need to admit it somewhere, and I can't very well tweet or post about it on facebook since it involves people there.

My estimation of your intelligence drops significantly if you "like" Fox News. (This from a conservative Christian.) It tells me that you can't think for yourself and need your opinions fed to you.

• Amy in NH, Frances, kewb and 5 others like this

#3110 fraidycat

fraidycat

I love sleep. :-)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, I know, this thread finally almost died and I'm bringing it back. However, I just realized something about myself and felt the need to admit it somewhere, and I can't very well tweet or post about it on facebook since it involves people there.

My estimation of your intelligence drops significantly if you "like" Fox News. (This from a conservative Christian.) It tells me that you can't think for yourself and need your opinions fed to you.

Meh, I read a lot of different news sources, including Fox, THEN sift through the info to form an opinion. How can you tell what someone else does by one "like" on Facebook? Maybe they had to like it to enter a contest. :)
  • jewellsmommy, twoxcell, strawberrymama and 3 others like this

#3111 Erin

Erin

won't let her babies grow up to be cowboys...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1813 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

I'm a lifelong extrovert. I don't think leaving a party and needing some rest and quiet really makes one an introvert. Neither does enjoying a week at home with your family. Now, if you could happily do a week of solitude without the Internet, you may be legit. I think I'd lose my mind by day 3 or 4 no matter how tired or stressed I was at the beginning of the week.

Probably.  Though I can't imagine missing Pinterest for an entire week...

Much like swellmama said, the internet serves a completely different function for me than real-life-contact.  I don't blog, for example, because I already "journal" on FB or forums.  lol  

To the party thing, an introvert can be quite happy sitting in the corner just watching the crowd.  They don't have to be directly involved at all.  They're not lonely.  

• contessa20 likes this

#3112 MIch elle

MIch elle

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5050 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Everything tastes better with BUTTER!  (real butter)   :001_tt2:

• myfunnybunch, Susan in TN, kewb and 9 others like this

#3113 MBM

MBM

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2785 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Wine tasting is pretentious. If a person can claim to taste heirloom roses, grassy knolls, and smell the whiff of gentle zephyrs in wine why can't they also taste fertilizer, worm poop and the wine stompers' foot fungi? Do these not register on their taste buds?

:cheers2:

• Chris in VA, myfunnybunch, clarkacademy and 21 others like this

#3114 Paige

Paige

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Friendship Bread is like food chain mail that takes a lot more work, creates more guilt, and doesn't even taste that good!

I can't turn it down- um, no...I don't want to be your friend, sorry, peddle that starter somewhere else. Ouch. But-I'm not making more starters and breaking the chain! I only feel a tiny bit of guilt for pouring the rest of the starter in the trash. And that crap about "only the Amish know how to create a starter." BS.
  • Chris in VA, Lizzie in Ma, kewb and 9 others like this

#3115 twoxcell

twoxcell

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4619 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

Friendship Bread is like food chain mail that takes a lot more work, creates more guilt, and doesn't even taste that good!

I can't turn it down- um, no...I don't want to be your friend, sorry, peddle that starter somewhere else. Ouch. But-I'm not making more starters and breaking the chain! I only feel a tiny bit of guilt for pouring the rest of the starter in the trash. And that crap about "only the Amish know how to create a starter." BS.

Hehe, I can't imagine the Amish making a bread that is full of sugar and pudding mix. :)

• Chris in VA, Just Kate and PeacefulChaos like this

#3116 Dolphin

Dolphin

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2355 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Ok, I am late to the game, but this thread has me cracking up.

I am not a baby person, but I LOVE teenagers. Stick me with one or  2 littles for a couple of hours and I am hating it. Put me in a room with 78 teens for 4 hours and I have more energy than when I went in. I will even dance around and sing about what the fox said. :)

I love Jane Austen movies, HATE reading her books.

I am not a huge fan of Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Ryan Gosling etc... I think Ewan Mcgregor is dead sexy!

I love having Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant. DH and I are both great cooks, but we like to go out for Thanksgiving.

• DawnM and PeacefulChaos like this

#3117 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Chief Cupcake Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9486 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Sometimes if you want to comment on certain pages (troll them) then they require you "like" them before you are permitted to comment (troll them) I have "liked" several politicians that I would normally disagree with so I could comment (troll) on their pages.

• SproutMamaK likes this

#3118 Paige

Paige

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

My respect for my facebook friends is indirectly related to the rate of selfies posted.
  • Angie in VA, SproutMamaK, strawberrymama and 3 others like this

#3119 simplemom

simplemom

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Coming in late to this thread:

I don't understand how Dave Ramsey has gotten so rich teaching people simple math that your income has to be more than your spending to not be in debt. I had already figured that out before his books became popular and am kicking myself for not writing it down for others before he did.

When people find out I am a SAHM and ask in surprise what I do all day, I want to reply, "The same thing the person you pay to keep your children are doing all day" (Nothing against working moms, I have worked full time and part time as a mom and will do so again if needed, just have a problem with the attitude that SAHM moms work less than a nanny or daycare provider).

I don't think cleanliness is next to godliness.

I can't stand chore charts with stars and smiley faces for kids, but nothing against those who do. To each his own.

Eating out at a nice restaurant and paying someone to wait on you is overrated. My husband disagrees, so for my birthday we go to self serve restaurants and for his birthday we go to a nice sit down restaurant.

I think Sweet CiCis and other self serve yogurt/ice cream places that don't offer a small kid's cup that makes an adequate amount of ice cream look filling to the kid are cruel.

It feels nice to get this off my chest! Thanks to OP!

#3120 DragonFaerie

DragonFaerie

Me. And that's enough.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

I can't stand chore charts with stars and smiley faces for kids, but nothing against those who do. To each his own.

This made me laugh.  We use a reward system for chores and on my fridge right now are not one but TWO chore charts (one for each kid) and we use stars AND smiley face stickers! :lol:

• simplemom likes this

#3121 happi duck

happi duck

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4642 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

UO:
I prefer to use pre-minced garlic in a jar.
  • Jean in Newcastle, Amy in NH, Lizzie in Ma and 14 others like this

#3122 AmyontheFarm

AmyontheFarm

CEO (Chief Education Officer) of HOPE Academy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2381 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

1. Just because we are both home schoolers doesn't mean I HAVE to be friends with you, like you or even tolerate you.
  2. If you think home schooling is the best option in your life right now, because the school is using the Children's Aid Society to harass you, don't expect my help to start home schooling.  I will not encourage you to "join our ranks".

That's all I have today.  Off to bed now, good night.

• Supertechmom, DawnM, LucyStoner and 1 other like this

#3123 goldielocks

goldielocks

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

About cheerios, I have a teenager who pops a bag of microwave popcorn and fills a separate bowl with cheerios and eats the two together as a favorite snack.  :ack2:

As a teen, way back when, I would eat a bowl of Cookie Crisp cereal (w/ milk) and Sour Cream & Cheddar Ruffles together (not chewing both at the same time..)  Mmmmm :)

#3124 goldielocks

goldielocks

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

I like to eat the "white" pulpy part of an orange that's between the fruit and the rind...

• MamaBearTeacher likes this

#3125 goldielocks

goldielocks

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

I still have the Christmas tree up and actually plugged it in today... we are having a blizzard, ya know...

• Amy in NH, DawnM, Pod's mum and 2 others like this

#3126 goldielocks

goldielocks

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

I didn't used to like Oreos... 

I have come to my senses!

• AmyontheFarm and Χάρων like this

#3127 solascriptura

solascriptura

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

I do not believe that a stay at home mom is the same as a homeschool mom.
  • happi duck and Χάρων like this

#3128 Amy in NH

Amy in NH

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4042 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

I do not believe that a stay at home mom is the same as a homeschool mom.

And neither is the same as a home-maker or house-wife.

I heard an interesting interview on NPR yesterday with the author who wrote the new book All Joy and No Fun, and she had an interesting point about the distinction between a house-wife and a stay-at-home-mother.

#3129 Pod's mum

Pod's mum

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

I like to eat the "white" pulpy part of an orange that's between the fruit and the rind...

You win goldielocks. That truly is unpopular.

Though I guess true to your name, it is the middle bit between two extremes; peel and flesh.

I still have the Christmas tree up and actually plugged it in today... we are having a blizzard, ya know...

We still have our tree and decorations up and we are having too many nasty hot days (over 40 oC). But this does mean the sun reflects the tinsel back across the walls each afternoon.

#3130 LucyStoner

LucyStoner

Because. Disco.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11255 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

There ought to be a law banning Gwyneth Paltrow from appearing in any movies that require her to use a practiced accent.
  • myfunnybunch, momoflaw and PeacefulChaos like this

#3131 LucyStoner

LucyStoner

Because. Disco.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11255 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

I think the only people who get an opinion on if a wife stays home or works for money are that wife and her spouse. I am so tired of women maligning women who live differently than them.

I am a full time homemaker and I easily spend 2 hours a day most days working out/exercising. There is no shame in choosing to live in a more personally pleasant manner. So when someone bitched to me about moms "who don't work and go to yoga everyday" I was unimpressed.
  • Chris in VA, BellaMama, kewb and 3 others like this

#3132 Laura Corin

Laura Corin

She who plants flowers for bees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17642 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

I guarantee you that these two things would drastically, DRASTICALLY, reduce every type of crime and GREATLY reduce AIDS and STD's. 

I would think that sterilisation would, if anything, increase the incidence of AIDS and STDs.

L

• Pod's mum and LucyStoner like this

#3133 Runningmom80

Runningmom80

Book Hugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2425 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Oh, one more!
I don't understand the whole Disney thing. I have no desire to drag my kids around that place. I might do it anyway at some point just so they can say they've done it, but it does not sound like a vacation to me.

I'm with you!

#3134 PeacefulChaos

PeacefulChaos

Blonde Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4152 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

My respect for my facebook friends is indirectly related to the rate of selfies posted.

Oh dear...

This brings me to a VERY UO for most people like me.....

I take selfies.

In high school, LONG before selfies were popular, I took selfies.  Lots of them.  And they were on film and were developed.  :lol:  

Granted, I don't take nearly as many now.  Not even one per week.  

But yeah, I take them.  :D  :D  :D

• LucyStoner likes this

#3135 Slache

Slache

σεσωσμένοι από χάριτος

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1593 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Luke Bryan is horribly unattractive.

#3136 Paige

Paige

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Oh dear...
I take selfies.
In high school, LONG before selfies were popular, I took selfies.  Lots of them.  And they were on film and were developed.   :lol:
But yeah, I take them.   :D   :D   :D

It's not the rate that you take selfies, but the rate at which you post them publicly that matters. ;)
  • Amy in NH and Chelle in MO like this

#3137 Where's Toto?

Where's Toto?

Eclectically Us-Schooling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4600 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

I didn't used to like Oreos... 

I have come to my senses!

I still don't like regular Oreos.  Chocolate oreos and double-stuffed on the other hand....

I love our new pet, even though a lot of people think we're crazy.  Isn't he cute?

IMG_3821b.jpg

• Amy in NH, elegantlion, swellmomma and 3 others like this

#3138 Flowing Brook

Flowing Brook

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1597 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

I get tired of hearing about how lazy, stubborn, moody selfish, out of control etc teens are. I believe it is entirely possible to have  teenagers  that are honest, hard working, cheerful, compliant, and a joy to be around.

• Joanne, JanOH, Harriet Vane and 15 others like this

#3139 Indian summer

Indian summer

God is great. Hockey is good. People are crazy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Johnny Depp is not attractive.

Thank you! He looks like my brother. I just don't get it!
  • Miss Peregrine likes this

#3140 Slache

Slache

σεσωσμένοι από χάριτος

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1593 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

I get tired of hearing about how lazy, stubborn, moody selfish, out of control etc teens are. I believe it is entirely possible to have  teenagers  that are honest, hard working, cheerful, compliant, and a joy to be around.

Totally!! I know tons of them. When our son was born we asked for parenting advice from the parents of a few.

P.S. I'm glad your bats happy, healthy & GONE.

#3141 Joanne

Joanne

Owned by 3 teens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9985 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Dark chocolate covered strawberries (perfectly ripe) are better than sex with most people. That's only if the dark chocolate is premium, and not fake or milk chocolate with a bit more cocoa.

• Hikin' Mama and Susan in TN like this

#3142 Word Nerd

Word Nerd

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7676 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Luke Bryan is horrible unattractive.

And he's part of what's wrong with country music. 

• Freckles likes this

#3143 DragonFaerie

DragonFaerie

Me. And that's enough.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Thank you! He looks like my brother. I just don't get it!

Can I meet your brother? :D

• Miss Peregrine, elegantlion and 67_others like this

#3144 Word Nerd

Word Nerd

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7676 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

I don't get people who don't think The Fox is funny.

• twoxcell and 67_others like this

#3145 Miss Peregrine

Miss Peregrine

All about that bass.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4599 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

UO: I have a favorite child.

• Iron Ethel Flint likes this

#3146 PeacefulChaos

PeacefulChaos

Blonde Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4152 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

It's not the rate that you take selfies, but the rate at which you post them publicly that matters. ;)

Ok I had to go look lol... 

I'd say 9 in the last year count as selfies.  I'm not counting pictures with other people or with an elephant.  At least 2 are re: new hair color.   :)  So that's not too bad, IMO.

• Paige likes this

#3147 happi duck

happi duck

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4642 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Oh dear...
I take selfies.
In high school, LONG before selfies were popular, I took selfies.  Lots of them.  And they were on film and were developed.   :lol:
But yeah, I take them.   :D   :D   :D

Ha! We were just talking about film selfies the other day! Good film selfies especially those that included other people required skill!

#3148 PeachyDoodle

PeachyDoodle

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

Glad to see this thread resurrected. My current UO's:

Men who publicly refer to their wives as "hot" are disgusting. The ick-factor triples if said man is a pastor.

No one on Facebook thinks your kids are half as cute as you do. I do not need or want to see a daily photo of your two children doing nothing but smiling for the camera. Nor do I need a daily reminder of how "blessed" and "undeserving" you are of these "two miracles" that God has given you. Thank God all you want, but leave me out of it.

• Amy in NH, Susan in TN, Frances and 8 others like this

#3149 Lucy in Australia

Lucy in Australia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1059 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Men who publicly refer to their wives as "hot" are disgusting. The ick-factor triples if said man is a pastor.

Yes, yes, yes!  Not only do I totally agree with this, I'm quite discombobulated because one of my good friends keeps posting on FB about the "hot date" she's about to go on with her husband. No. Just...no. For some reason, though, I appear to be the only one in my circle of friends who thinks this is less than classy - she is generally encouraged :001_rolleyes:

• Susan in TN, strawberrymama, contessa20 and 1 other like this

#3150 contessa20

contessa20

Queen of the Critters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

Glad to see this thread resurrected. My current UO's:

No one on Facebook thinks your kids are half as cute as you do. I do not need or want to see a daily photo of your two children doing nothing but smiling for the camera. Nor do I need a daily reminder of how "blessed" and "undeserving" you are of these "two miracles" that God has given you. Thank God all you want, but leave me out of it.

Dear PeachyDoodle,

I think I may love you. Or, at the very least, we are long-lost siblings.
  • PeachyDoodle likes this

What's with the ads?