Menu

Confess your unpopular opinion

ErinE

So I saw this going around Twitter and I thought it might be interesting to see what the Hive says.

Things like:

Oreos. Meh.

I liked the Godfather III.

Here's mine:

Starbucks coffee is gross.

Cupcakes: too much icing, too dry cake.

Peter, Paul, and Mary are under-appreciated musicians.

I've never read 'The Hobbit' or any of the Lord of the Rings books, nor seen the movies. 

I only got about 30 pages into 'Hunger Games' and haven't seen the movie (don't plan to see the others when they come out).

I cannot even fathom giving Dr. Who a chance...too many crazy 1980s reruns on PBS have scared me away for life.

John Denver was the best songwriter ever (try saying that at a sleepover when you are 16)

I made the mistake of not only going to a John Denver concert as a teenager, but wearing a t-shirt with his picture on it to school.  1976.   Loved the concert, hated the hazing I received at school. 

I made the mistake of not only going to a John Denver concert as a teenager, but wearing a t-shirt with his picture on it to school.  1976.   Loved the concert, hated the hazing I received at school. 

One of the greatest regrets of my life is that I passed up the opportunity to meet him in person.  It was a weird situation and I made the right choice (except that he died a couple of months later)

I watched two episodes of Big Bang Theory before giving up on the show, and I didn't laugh even once.

Jack Johnson's voice makes me want to run screaming from the room.

I've never seen Duck Dynasty and don't care to.

I've never had even the slightest desire to watch any of the gazillion Fast and Furious movies and had never heard of Paul Walker (whose name I had to look up just now) before this week.

I agree. Their beans also have a weird flavor but I wonder if it's because I drink coffee black and their roast is almost meant to have tons of cream/sugar.

The over roasting of the beans is intentional. They need the coffee to taste the same no matter what state or country you get it in. My brother works for a roaster and tells us all this coffee stuff, lol.

My unpopular opinion, most of my opinions are unpopular!- I don't understand shopping. I can't wrap my head around people needing to buy "stuff" on a regular basis. We consumer shop about twice a year!

i cannot get into Downton Abby

John Denver was the best songwriter ever 

Love.

So, if I like a lot of these unpopular opinions are they still unpopular?

In spite of all my friends raving about Forest Gump when it came out, I did not like it at all. Coffee tastes like old cigarettes.  Black-eyed peas are disgusting. I'm sorry, but I don't want to know how hard you've been trying to get pregnant or any of the details. (I am a visual thinker.) Beets are delicious. I like Miracle Whip.

I agree. Their beans also have a weird flavor but I wonder if it's because I drink coffee black and their roast is almost meant to have tons of cream/sugar.

It's like licking an ashtray full of cigar ashes. I like my coffee black as well and shudder, Starbucks is awful. If I'm desperate, the cafe americano (made from espresso) is drinkable.

One of the greatest regrets of my life is that I passed up the opportunity to meet him in person.  It was a weird situation and I made the right choice (except that he died a couple of months later)

I got to see him in concert in 1990 when I was 6 months pregnant. I wish I could remember it better, but I wasn't feeling my best.

My unpopular opinion, most of my opinions are unpopular!- I don't understand shopping. I can't wrap my head around people needing to buy "stuff" on a regular basis. We consumer shop about twice a year!

:lol:

I was just about to post that my unpopular opinion is that I LOVE SHOPPING, because it seems that many people here don't seem to enjoy it at all.

So I think your unpopular opinion may be more popular than you think! :D

Benedict Cumberbatch doesn't do a thing for me. I know many people say "It's his voice!" but I don't get that either.

I've never watched most of the popular shows (Downton Abbey, etc.). Like a previous poster, I tried watching Big Bang Theory once because everyone was raving about it. I thought it was dumb.

I don't enjoy shopping as a pastime. I go shopping when I need something. I don't get excited about sales either.

I'm sure there's more (actually, I know there's more, but it's all political).

I've never had even the slightest desire to watch any of the gazillion Fast and Furious movies and had never heard of Paul Walker (whose name I had to look up just now) before this week.

He was  in the time traveling movie--- where they go back to the middle ages (pretty good history movie for us geeky homeschoolers)

Nutella is vile.

Ryan Gosling's eyes are too close together.

Mike's tastes like slightly sweetened floor polish.

K-cups are just silly.

Tom Hanks should retire from making movies.

If I never see another proposal video, it'll still be too soon.

Alien 3 is my favourite of the franchise (especially with the restored material in the director's cut).

Shakes the Clown is one of the best movies of all time.

The US Office doesn't hold a candle to the UK Office.

I still like that Milli Vanilli song, and I don't care that they weren't singing. They looked just fine thank you very much.

It's harder with the "likes" because I've never been concerned enough to think in terms of "nobody else likes this." DH, however, has tonnes. Xanadu and Joe vs the Volcano are the tip of the iceberg.

Coffee is the most disgusting thing ever, no matter what's in it.

I don't like whipped cream.

I could listen to Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow all day.  As Han Solo is a HUGE fan of Sweet Caroline and Cracklin' Rosie, there are days when I have listened to Neil Diamond over and over.

I hated the LOTR movies.  Hairy feet!  Ack!!!!

Even though I understand it, I find politics crazy boring.

Bon Jovi should retire and rest on his laurels.  His voice is not that great any more.

Johnny Depp is not attractive.  Well, I'm glad you feel that way (as insane as you clearly are), because that's one less woman to knock out of my way.

Watching sports in your home is silly and so is obsessing over teams/players.  (sorry) YES!  My FB went wild over the Alabama/Auburn game and they were still going on about it the next day.  It's a game, get over it.

I hate chocolate. Blasphemy!  

I don't like cheesecake…Ack, me neither.  I think it's vile.

I don't like LOTR. Hobbits freak me out with their giant, nasty, hairy feet.

Jack Johnson's voice makes me want to run screaming from the room. I thought it was just me!

I don't care what the fox says. Hahahahahaha!

Peanut butter is gross and so is cheesecake.  Yes to both.  I can eat peanuts, but the smell of peanut butter is just gross.

Yeah, my first thought when I heard he was named Sexiest Man Alive was that you must only need to meet two of the three qualifications.

I leafed through the issue while the girls were getting their hair cut. It's sad when I find Ricky Gervais to be the sexiest of the lot. Most of them I didn't recognize, and they were far too carefully groomed... like Richard Greico's eyebrows in the way, way back.

I am not a fan, at all, of Johnny Depp. I therefore *hate* the "new" Willy Wonka movie.

I am not a fan of Leonardo De Caprio, either, but the contemporary Romeo and Juliet was fun.I

I've seen less than 20 movies in the last 20 years - and most of those were "for the kids" movies like Harry Potter.

This is unpopular in the alternative circle  - I don't believe in child led weaning.

I think Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow are very talented.

I think Dr.Phil is stupid. The man AND the show.

I don't like Dr. Oz.

I think Nascar, golf, baseball, and a bunch of other sports are dumb. Mind numbingly so.

Laborious home cooking is overrated.

Baths and pajamas for young kids are overrated.

I don't find "pretty boy" celebrities to be attractive (as in sexy). 

People should leave their kids unsupervised more often, and let them use knives and matches.

Merry Christmas.  Eid Mubarak.  And Happy Divali.

Batshit is the stupidest word ever.

The most brilliant word ever coined:  nitwit.

I thought "the notebook" was lame and cheesy, and if I am your Facebook friend and look at your profile and see it listed (book or movie) as best!ever! I will judge you.

Nicolas Sparks is the Thomas Kincaid of writing.

Thomas Kincaid paintings are derivative and tacky. Any painting meant to match your 90s floral couch and painted and marketed for that purpose is just...wrong.

Josh Groban is the Nicolas Sparks of singing. Gag me. Doe eyes at the camera and his playfully tousled hair and audience of swooning middle aged housewives...this is not music. This is muzak. Or however you spell it.

I cannot sing, paint or write, yet still I judge.