Menu

Bible Study Guide for All Ages

KerriF

We're using just the activity book pages with my 3 that are schooling. I'm using the intermediate pages w/ my 10 yr old and the the beginner pages for my 1st and 2nd grader. We have the manual, but we honestly never use that. I hope at some point to start doing that part myself. It takes us about 30 minutes all told. I read the chapter while they color on the activity book page. Then we go through the pictures and then we talk about the character development part that they already colored.

How you use it is totally up to you, and varies with each unique family :)

I bought the whole package. The volume, activity pages, bible cards, timeline/map. Turns out, we don't like the activity pages.

I use the text down the line as suggested. I use the timeline/maps when asked to, and we use the cards to review the bible book. But, my kids are 12/13, and the advanced pages were too young for them. Since my 12 yo is slower to grasp things, I bought him the Intermediate. So, I own 2 full sets, but only did it once.

We spend about 30 minutes each day on 1 lesson. We typically get through 4 lessons/week because something else comes up during the week. This month we don't school on fridays, and we haven't even found time for Bible on that day.

How you use it is totally up to you, and varies with each unique family :)

Hmm... it's been a few years since we used it so I don't remember the time. We bought only the guide and the pages. Each worksheet page has a map and timeline on the reverse.

Each lesson would take us a week, doing a little each day. (I think we read the scripture text the first 2 days, maybe?) We went straight down the page doing everything except maybe not all additional scriptures or definitions. (only as needed.) Don't miss the review questions, they are well done and systematically keep the previous stories and scriptures fresh in the kids minds! :) My kids always raised their hands if they knew the answers and considered it great fun.

I believe I let the kids look at the pages as we read the scriptures earlier in the week, and then let them write on them the last day. They loved that.

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe we should return to BSG for another unit!