Menu

Now Available! High School Curriculum for "History of the Ancient World"

Hi all,

The Study and Teaching Guide for the History of the Ancient World is now available for purchase on our site. Amazon should be shipping the book soon, too (it takes a bit longer to complete their warehouse process).

Quick Description...

Susan Wise Bauer's "The History of the Ancient World" is widely used in advanced high-school history classes, as well as by home educating parents. This Study and Teaching Guide, designed for use by both parents and teachers, provides a full curriculum with study questions and answers, critical thinking assignments, essay topics, instructor rubrics, and test forms. Explanations for answers and teaching tips are also included.

Designed by historian and teacher Julia Kaziewicz, in cooperation with Susan Wise Bauer, makes "The History of the Ancient World" more accessible to parents & teachers.

Note, since some folks had asked: The first half of the book is for the instructor. The student's pages, in the back half, are perforated.

SAMPLES of the curriculum can be found on this page.

Justin from Peace Hill Press

I so could have used this. I have just last week finished using  History of the Ancient World with my Ds13 and Ds15. (school year is from January to December here in Australia). Are they going to make a Study and Teaching guide for History of the Medieval World? And if they are would it be available by the end of January 2014? thank you

Hi Melissa,

Sorry that you weren't able to use this with your Ds's. Yes, we are working on a Study & Teaching Guide for the History of the Medieval World. It won't be in stores by January, but if you send an email to info AT peacehillpress DOT com, we'll put you on a list of folks to send preliminary versions to, in january. There's no charge, since it's not a finished product, but your feedback and suggestions would be very helpful to us!

Justin

Hooray! I'm so glad you did this, even though the dd who did this book is now in college, because it's a GREAT idea & I'd have bought it for sure had it been out then. If my ds does this, he'll use this curriculum, but I'm not sure yet what he's going to do for high school history. I LOVE this history series, but not sure if this will work for him the way it did for her (my middle one is going to ps & will be taking AP world history there for her next foray into this, but may well use these as extra resources.)

Hi all,

The Study and Teaching Guide for the History of the Ancient World is now available for purchase on our site. Amazon should be shipping the book soon, too (it takes a bit longer to complete their warehouse process).

Quick Description...

Susan Wise Bauer's "The History of the Ancient World" is widely used in advanced high-school history classes, as well as by home educating parents. This Study and Teaching Guide, designed for use by both parents and teachers, provides a full curriculum with study questions and answers, critical thinking assignments, essay topics, instructor rubrics, and test forms. Explanations for answers and teaching tips are also included.

Designed by historian and teacher Julia Kaziewicz, in cooperation with Susan Wise Bauer, makes "The History of the Ancient World" more accessible to parents & teachers.

Note, since some folks had asked: The first half of the book is for the instructor. The student's pages, in the back half, are perforated.

SAMPLES of the curriculum can be found on this page.

Justin from Peace Hill Press

• Like 1

Hi Melissa,

Sorry that you weren't able to use this with your Ds's. Yes, we are working on a Study & Teaching Guide for the History of the Medieval World. It won't be in stores by January, but if you send an email to info AT peacehillpress DOT com, we'll put you on a list of folks to send preliminary versions to, in january. There's no charge, since it's not a finished product, but your feedback and suggestions would be very helpful to us!

Justin

WoW! Thank you very much.

Melissa

• 2 months later...

Justin,

That guide looks awesome! Would you happen to have an estimate for when the medieval study and teaching guide will be available? My DD has her eyes on it for fall 2014. :)

SilverMoon,

We don't have an exact date yet, sorry. We are aiming to have the book available as a PDF in the mid-to-late-summer, with a printed book a couple of months later.

• 1 month later...

If this were used for high school history, would this be a year long curriculum? Or are the three History of the Ancient/Renaissance/Medieval World books designed to all be used together as one World History curriculum?

Grantmom,

The Ancient World book would take a year on its own. Trying to get through Ancient/Medieval/Renaissance books in one year would probably be too ambitious.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rachel63

Can you tell me who the narrator is going to be for the audio version?  My kiddos will not listen to Jim Weiss any more, and frankly, I'm tired of them doing impressions of him.  No offense to Mr. Weiss, just ready for a new voice.  

Also interested in finding out when the teacher's edition for Medieval comes out and if there will be a Renaissance version following...  

Can you tell me who the narrator is going to be for the audio version?  My kiddos will not listen to Jim Weiss any more, and frankly, I'm tired of them doing impressions of him.  No offense to Mr. Weiss, just ready for a new voice.  

Also interested in finding out when the teacher's edition for Medieval comes out and if there will be a Renaissance version following...  

Hi rachel63...the narrator for the higher-level history books is John Lee, an audio actor who's done lots of fiction (the novels of Alexandre Dumas) and non-fiction (The Guns of August). He's great. All 3 of the books (Ancient, Medieval, and Renaissance) are available on amazon.com, and you can listen to samples before you buy.

Ancient sample

Medieval sample

Renaissance sample

We're working on the book of tests for the Medieval volume, and it should be released by the end of 2014. We are planning to do a Renaissance after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Melissa,

Justin

Justin~

Is there a timeline on a Study and Teaching Guide for History of the Renaissance World?  I'm considering using this for my son this year and would love the supplemental material!  Thanks!

~Michele

• 3 weeks later...

Justin~

Is there a timeline on a Study and Teaching Guide for History of the Renaissance World?  I'm considering using this for my son this year and would love the supplemental material!  Thanks!

~Michele

I would love to know too.  Are you planning on making teaching guides for all of them?  Also, are there only three high school level history books?  Thanks!

• 6 months later...

We're working on the book of tests for the Medieval volume, and it should be released by the end of 2014. We are planning to do a Renaissance after that.

Justin,  Is there a book of tests for the Ancient volume?  I don't mean the study and teaching guide.  I mean actual tests that I can easily hand to my child and easily mark. 

Justin,  Is there a book of tests for the Ancient volume?  I don't mean the study and teaching guide.  I mean actual tests that I can easily hand to my child and easily mark. 

Amy: there's not a separate book like that, but the back half of the study/teaching guide, the student pages, certainly can be used that way...the pages are perforated for this scenario. Then you can check the answers using the teacher section at the front. There are schools & parents who use it that way.

• 2 months later...
Guest jeangrev

Has The Study and Teaching Guide to The History of the Medieval World, come out yet?  If not, is there an anticipated date?  Thank you!  Jean

• 9 months later...

Just a heads up that the Study and Teaching Guides aren't listed under the grade levels on the webstore - only under Student Pages. For a second there, I thought you discontinued them. Are guides for the last two years of high school history underway?  Update:  found the answer in another thread, and it was yes :)

Edited by Literary Mom

Just a heads up that the Study and Teaching Guides aren't listed under the grade levels on the webstore - only under Student Pages. For a second there, I thought you discontinued them. Are guides for the last two years of high school history underway?  Update:  found the answer in another thread, and it was yes :)

Thanks! We did some tweaking on our website and it broke a couple of the listings. :(  We'll fix those right now!

• 1 year later...

Is there going to be another book after Renaissance? We really need there to be another book?

Yes! Susan Wise Bauer recently posted the following update: "I'm working on the next volume of the world history series. The whole series is going to be more than three volumes...it may go on for a while. But I promise it'll be worth it."

We will post updates on this site as the project approaches completion.

Thanks for your interest!

Yes! Susan Wise Bauer recently posted the following update: "I'm working on the next volume of the world history series. The whole series is going to be more than three volumes...it may go on for a while. But I promise it'll be worth it."

We will post updates on this site as the project approaches completion.

Thanks for your interest!

Thank you. Wish it were already available.