What's with the ads?

#1 momto10blessings

momto10blessings

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1836 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yesterday evening I felt terrible. Completely exhausted. My head was burning but just a slight fever (99.5-100). The rest of my body was freezing. I had on sweatpants, jacket and 2 comforters and I was still cold. After about 4 hours I took ibuprofen and once it kicked in, the cold was gone but I was burning hot everywhere. Stripped down to shorts and tshirt without blankets. About 6 hrs later (I assume once the ibuprofen wore off) I was freezing. Literally shaking all over with teeth chattering. Put jacket, sweatpants and 2 comforters and took more ibuprofen. Finally cooled down, stopped shaking and fell back asleep.
Today I have been better but not normal. Just feel out of it and am having hot/cold flashes, but nothing like what they were yesterday. A little weak. No respiratory symptoms at all.
I was completely stressed out before all this happened. Just in a rotten situation. Thought it may have been some kind of strange panic attack. But that doesn't explain the fever.
My other thought was the flu. I felt similar to when I had the flu last year. Last year I felt like that for a day but with respiratory symptoms. Then I was almost normal for a day and it came back horribly the next day.
I don't want to run to the doctor and have them say its nothing and end up paying a ton of money for the appointment. But mama needs to stay well!
Any thoughts.

#2 gingersmom

gingersmom

Coupon Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5851 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

The one time I had similar symptoms it turned out to be walking pneumonia.

If you don't feel better in a day or two it would probably be worth checking in with a doctor.

I of course never follow my own advice and the doctor wanted to admit me to the hospital (I refused). 

#3 momto10blessings

momto10blessings

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1836 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

The one time I had similar symptoms it turned out to be walking pneumonia.

If you don't feel better in a day or two it would probably be worth checking in with a doctor.

I of course never follow my own advice and the doctor wanted to admit me to the hospital (I refused).

Thanks. Will definitely go in if I don't feel better in a couple days.

What's with the ads?