Menu

Ellen McHenry's Elements - anything at all like it?

I'm afraid I already know the answer, based on search results and extensive Google'ing. But I have to ask in case I missed something.

DD is totally loving science again thanks to Ellen McHenry's Elements. Is there anything out there that compares?

It seems to be at exactly the right level for her, balancing fairly sophisticated information in a very readable and understandable way. She's eating it up and begging for more. This is a girl who did not do well with RSO, MPH, mostly living books on a given topic, nor (to some extent) with BFSU.

Just throwing it out there one more time :)

I find Mr. Q to have a similar "tone" to Ellen McHenry's materials. The elementary Mr. Q programs are easier than Ellen McHenry's but there are 2 of the advanced levels out. My oldest is doing Advanced Chem this year (be forewarned that it requires math at the pre-algebra/early algebra 1 level) and I like the looks of the new Advanced Anatomy & Physiology book.

I find Mr. Q to have a similar "tone" to Ellen McHenry's materials. The elementary Mr. Q programs are easier than Ellen McHenry's but there are 2 of the advanced levels out. My oldest is doing Advanced Chem this year (be forewarned that it requires math at the pre-algebra/early algebra 1 level) and I like the looks of the new Advanced Anatomy & Physiology book.

Thank you - I looked at the elementary levels a few years ago; this is a good reminder to revisit Mr. Q.