Menu

Need Ideas for Displaying Scout Badges

Evergreen State Sue

Does anyone have ideas or maybe pictures of how you displayed scout badges after your scout "graduated"?  Did you remove everything from his uniform?  Did you somehow display the shirt or sash? 

My son just earned his Life Rank in Boy Scouts.  He will soon age out before he can reach Eagle, so his scouting days are coming to an end.  He will end up with about 20 merit badges, the rank badges through Life, and about 10 other larger patches from camps, etc. Currently the merit badges are on the front of his sash and the larger patches on the back.  I'm thinking of something he could hang on a wall and yet be preserved. 

Thanks.

Thanks for linking these, I have been contemplating what to do with my dd's badges when she moves up to the next AHG unit and starts different color badges.But yowsa, that link to the banner site.... we may just have a cure for the feral cat population.

(Dare I link this in the "neighbor stole my kittens" thread?)

ETA - OP, my son is in a somewhat similar situation, but he does have enough time to return for one year and finish Eagle before he ages out. I am giving him a nice wooden keepsake box for his handbook, sashes, extra badges, pocket-hanging badges, neckwear, belt beads and cards. Maybe once he's 18 I will make a plaque like the one linked above, it would be a good way to display the OA sash. 

My Girl Scout stuff is all in a ziplock baggie...in a plastic bin.

What I've done for my kids, is make sure their badges are all on their vests/shirts/sashes...and I'll put that in their keepsake bin.  Their pins are on their cub scout "C" on a red vest...belt loops on their cub scout belts...nothing too crazy. 

For oldest...we're keeping all of his patches (from camp/special events), and we'll eventually do a quilt.  His sash will hold all of his merit badges...and his shirt will have his final rank (hopefully Eagle).  If he wants to do something else with all of the other stuff, he can...but I don't have a bedroom to dedicate to all of his scouting memories hanging on the wall....when he moves out, if he wants a shadow box with his shirt/sash...that's on him.  Otherwise, I'll make sure it's clean, ironed, and neatly folded in a zip-lock storage baggie...kept in his keepsake bin to hand off to him when he's grown.  I expect we'll do similar things for my daughters.