Menu

How to pace AAS?

Amy M

I'm starting AAS this week with my ds6, and I'm wondering how you pace it.

How many days a week?

How many minutes per lesson?

OR, how much of each lesson do you do every day?

background: My son is halfway through his first grade year, and is almost through with phonics instruction through ABeka. We're switching from ABeka's spelling workbook for 1st grade.

Thanks!

As fast or slow as needed. We did daily 15 min lessons because that was best for my son. Whatever he comfortably could do in those 15 is what we did, even if that was only review. I can tell you that we flew through the first book, slowed by the second, and the third book we did 1 lesson a week. Ymmv. That is what is awesome about AAS.

We go as slow or as fast as needed. We do a pretest to see if we need to do some work, if we do we go through the lesson. Reviewing the cards for rules daily. We do the words usually in one day, reviewing a couple times in the week if needed. Breaking the dictation down into the rest of the days. We have never spent more than a week on a step, but have backed up to a problem lesson a few times. Sometimes we get up to 5 steps done in a week. It's all done by skill.