Menu

Time4Learning preK?

I just browsed Time4Learning and did a Prek Demo lesson... it was ok.  While I'm overlooking my 6th and 3rd graders, my 4.5yr old is doing some stuff, but we just started and she's excited.  I worry that she'll get bored soon of sitting around the school room.  Has anyone used it happily?

I do have writing sheets, math toys, and books for her to use, but I'm usually not paying that much attention to her from 9-noon.

My DD really loved Reading Eggs. They sent me some email a week or two ago about having a math program as well.  I have no idea how they compare to T4L, but it might be worth a look.

On a side note, there are usually some codes floating about the Internet that will at minimum give you a one month trial... as well as deals for cheaper subscriptions, etc.

Guest sandranelson1968

Are your third and sixth graders also using Time4Learning? If so, it makes some sense to put the youngest one on the same system.  The Time4Learning curriculum covers both language arts and math.  In language arts, there is oral comprehension, letters, phonics, listening to stories, working on basic words,  etc etc. It's a broader program than the specialized ones. This makes it a perfect for broad coverage but you will need to supplement it in specific areas.

For instance, many parents also add a reading program with 2-3 picture books per week for the youngest kids. And so on.  The Time4Learning parent forum has lists of resources (with many parent discussions) on what you might want to use to supplement Time4Learning: http://www.time4learning.net/forum/supplemental-resources-prek-2/

You might also look into ABCMouse or Starfall.  The best part of Starfall (in my opinion) is the free part with the letters.  ABCMouse has a variety.  I think with the codes you can get about 2 months of Reading Eggs for free. 

You could try a bunch of the free trials, and then see which one she asks for you've tried them all. 

Although 3 hours of computer time is a lot.  You could also have one of the free printable preschool curriculum off the internet.