Menu

Anyone move from HST+ to HST Online? Question...

My laptop is on the verge of death.  It boots up and functions about 1 every 10 times, if I'm lucky.   That is where I had HST+.   When I realized the laptop was dying, I stored a few of the most recent HST+ files on to a USB drive.

Since we can not get another laptop for a few months, and my main computer is a Mac, I was considering just going with the HST Online...then no worries about computer death, lol.  

I went to the HS website, and I see step by step instructions about how to move your HST+ files to HST Online...but it specifically talks about doing it from a .zip file.  I can't zip my HST+ files cuz I can't get to HST+.

So can I import my HST+ files saved onto a USB drive, into the HST Online?

Any since we are talking HST Online....any things I should be aware of, differences from HST+...which I've grown to love in the last four years, btw.

I started to answer this but then realized that I'm not sure you can do it the way you want to.  I've transferred files from HST+ to HST Online very easily but I had to install HST+ onto the computer in order to access the files.

If I were you, I would email the HST folks or post the question on their forums.  They have fantastic customer service!

If you like HST+, I'm guessing you'll love HST Online.   It's much easier to use and the new version they just released solved several of the issues I didn't like in the first version.