Menu

ALEKS for Dyscalculia or similar issues?

Has anyone had experience using ALEKS math for Dyscalculia or a child with issues that are similar? Our daughter is 14 and testing at upper end of 3rd grade level in math.  She is currently using Teaching Textbooks 5, and we have tried Saxon as well which proved far too rigorous and nothing stuck. While she is moving through TT at a good pace and is doing well in the program, her retention is not what we'd hoped for.  I can't afford testing, but she has signs of Dyscalculia such as inability to easily tell time on an analog clock (we did a full extra workbook just on time when she was 12), complete inability to "get" timelines and number lines, etc.

I am not concerned about getting her to the point of upper level math, at this point we'd be happy with her being able to eventually graduate with super solid basic math skills.  If we get further, great, but we have to at least have the basics down solid.  The problem is I am not sure what tool or curriculum to use that would help us get there.

Any suggestions are so appreciated.

Cindy