Menu

AmyontheFarm

I told not one but two different people no today. One lady this morning and another this afternoon. They wanted my time and access to some books I have, I knew it would stress me to do what they wanted when they wanted, so I told them both No.  I didn't give in when pushed to say yes, I didn't tell them why I couldn't do it when they wanted.  Frankly, I just want to stay home and sleep in.  Isn't that selfish of me!

I told the first lady that I couldn't fit what she wanted into my schedule for this week and that we would have to try to connect next week, I also told her that I was looking forward to HER contacting me about getting together on Thurs or Fri next week when it was convenient for me.

The second lady asked about coming over early tomorrow morning and I said no, that wouldn't work for my schedule, she countered that the time was her only available option to meet this week, so I gritted my teeth and told her that I guess we will have to attempt to get together next week.  I let her know what days I was available and again I left it to her to get back to me.

I am not going to be the one to book these appointments, they both want something from me.  I've told them when I was available and they can come to me.  One lady suggested that I could drive the hour + and drop the item off to her - if I had the time, and then we could visit.  I told her sorry, we are farming this is our busy period and as much as I'd love a visit, I'm too busy to do that.

I actually said NO!  I can't wait until Hubby gets home from his fire call to tell him about my ground breaking day!

Have you told someone No! this week?

Good for you! That probably surprised the heck out of them, huh? And I'm flabbergasted someone would suggest YOU drive the hour to bring her your stuff. I would consider that to be rude. Wow.

I'm not.  my sil suggested we trade babysitting for something that is five minutes from my house - but 25 minutes from hers.  (she wanted free babysitting convenient for her.)  I was expected to drop my kids off at her house for that free babysitting.  I would have been driving nearly an hour twice.  once to drop off, once to pick up.  I did tell her I had a babysitter five minutes from me - and I'd rather pay her.  (and not babysit sil's kids)

and she told me I was rude because I wouldn't do things on her terms.