Menu

Beast Academy 4A

fourisenough

I thought I remembered reading that Beast Academy 4A would be available in July.  Has there been an updated publishing schedule announced?  I'm not on Facebook, so maybe it has been communicated there.  I don't see anything on the BA website about it.  Anxiously awaiting more Beast fun...

:bigear: My son loves 3B, and for his birthday we're going to get him 3A and 3C. He's entering 5th grade, but he could use all the multiplication practice he can get. I'm all ears on this one.

This was on the Beast Academy facebook page on June 14:

We are in the editing phase for Beast Academy 4A and would like some feedback from BA readers before we send 4A off to the printer.

How do you and your kids use the solutions?
Who reads them?
What could we do to make our solutions more useful?

Please let us know in the comments, or email us at info@beastacademy.com to let us know what you think.

Oh, man. Another month? If they kept to the book every 5 mos schedule, I could make it work, but 6 mos....argh! I'm going to have to move on to Plan B, except I don't have one. :huh:

I will keep repeating to myself: I am glad they are taking the time to get it right. That is for the best in the long run.

Does anyone know what topics will be in 4A?

C & P from their facebook page. (anyone can visit even if you are not on fb, fwiw)

We've had quite a few requests for information on Beast Academy 4A lately. The books are on schedule for release this summer, most likely in July. Book 4A will include chapters on shapes, multiplication, and exponents.

The shapes chapter includes more classification of quadrilaterals, an introduction to angles and angle measurement, parallel and perpendicular lines, and a section on symmetry.

The multiplication chapter introduces several methods for multiplying two multi-digit numbers, with an emphasis on understanding the distributive property and how it relates to the various algorithms.

Finally, we introduce exponents. The little monsters learn to evaluate expressions that include exponents and how to manipulate expressions with exponents (what power of 5 is equal to 25 squared... stuff like that). At the end of the exponents chapter, we explore binary notation. Apart from being really cool, our exploration of base-2 should guide students towards a deeper understanding of place value.

OH, that sounds so cool. I am so excited to see how they present everything. I guess I'll wait a bit so I can order 3D and 4A at the same time. Thankfully we have plenty to keep us busy w/ RSE, HoE and the last bit of BA3C while we wait.

Plan B here as well. We were hoping to use BA as our main math program, but we re back to SM full speed. We will still buy BA and use what looks interesting (I have a younger son as well, so I can justify the cost), but at this rate we will be starting AOPS prealgebra before they manage to publish their fourth grade in full. It's changing our plans for sure :(