Menu

Black spot on bottom of son's foot????

momto3innc

So last night my son told me there was a black spot on the bottom of his foot.  He had not noticed it before.  It's on his heel, is perfectly round, and black.  It honestly looks like a dot of black marker.  However, he took a long shower last night and it is still there so I don't think it's anything like that.  It is smooth, not sticking up at all.  It doesn't hurt or itch or bother him at all.  Any thoughts??  It's just odd.  He's not having any other health issues.

My other son has had a plantar wart so I am familiar with those...it's not that.  It's a little smaller than a pencil eraser.

Well looking at this plantar wart picture it seems possible that it's just a very small one?  In the picture you see the small black dots.

http://www.skinsight.com/adult/plantarWartHPV.htm

But hmmm I don't know.  Maybe it's the start of one of those warts?

Maybe??  I don't know. I have had plantar warts a couple times and they always have kind of a hard spot in the center...and because of that it hurts to walk on.  Those (if I remember right...it's been awhile) started at pinpricks and got larger--particularly my (other) son who kept taking off the medicine patch!

This is just black and smooth.  No pain.  And bigger than a plantar wart...at least those I have seen starting.  Kind of the size of a mole.

Probably a blood blister or plantar wart.  Both are "flat" on the foot because the wart is on the inside.   My DS7 has one right now.  Was just a black spot on his foot...he noticed it over the last few weeks, but never told me and I didn't see it myself, until he finally showed me.   I've been putting duct tape on it for the last few days and I can see it's getting better.

• 3 years later...

hello there i have exactly the same thing i have been looking around and not finding anything i found something that looked like my dot not exactly tho and it said something about skin cancer so now im realy scared and im wondering if it has gotten better ?

Probably a blood blister or plantar wart.  Both are "flat" on the foot because the wart is on the inside.   My DS7 has one right now.  Was just a black spot on his foot...he noticed it over the last few weeks, but never told me and I didn't see it myself, until he finally showed me.   I've been putting duct tape on it for the last few days and I can see it's getting better.

salicylic acid works well on warts  because they irriate them, so they body will do something about them.

plantar warts may or may not be flat.   mine weren't, nor were they black.

My son has a mole on the bottom of his foot. Dermatologist looked at it, said it wasn't suspicious and to come back if it grew. It's been years now and it's still exactly the same size and shape, but it looks smaller since his foot is much bigger.

Hah! I saw this today and seriously do not remember this at all. I actually can't even remember which kid it was! So...I guess it resolved??? :)

Tomorrow morning I'm making each kid show me the bottom of their feet so I can see what happened to it. I feel this may be a low point of parenting.

Very, very far in the recesses of my memory I feel like I remember a child with a blood blister. Which child? No idea. But that's my best guess for what it was.

• Like 3

Hah! I saw this today and seriously do not remember this at all. I actually can't even remember which kid it was! So...I guess it resolved??? :)

Tomorrow morning I'm making each kid show me the bottom of their feet so I can see what happened to it. I feel this may be a low point of parenting.

Very, very far in the recesses of my memory I feel like I remember a child with a blood blister. Which child? No idea. But that's my best guess for what it was.

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5: 

This is how I feel when my mom reminisces to me about things the kids did or that happened to them when they were little and I have absolutely no recollection of whatever she's referring to. We have a lot going on! I'm glad that it was nothing major though! Hopefully it will be nothing major for our new poster too.