Menu

I woke up this morning and my 13 yearold baby boy is taller than me!

lynn

:crying:   When did I blink and miss him growing so fast.  I realized this morning that his t-shirts no longer fit him and I figured something was up last night when he could not fit into my flip flops which he usually puts on to bring the garbage out when he can't find his own.     SIGH......  the funny thing in all this people still call him tiny J   or TJ.   Not so tiny any more.  This kid is going to be over 6' tall by the time he stops growing.

Yes, that happens. My ds13 is at least 5'10, maybe 5'11 (hard to tell, the boy will not stand up straight!). His feet are so big! Much bigger than his dad's (or my dad's). And his legs,...he's now wearing a 34" inseam (but has a 28" waist).  Clothes shopping is not fun.  I order his pants and shorts online.  It's the easiest way to do it.  And shirts can be tough.  I found Old Navy is good.  They have "slim" fit, which means I can get a men's M or even L and it doesn't look like a tent on the boy.

But yes, they just seem to shot up overnight.  

I know! It happened overnight. I keep looking at size 12 feet thinking he was the size of one of his feet (roughly) when he was born! He is now officially the tallest male in my family. Dh has been in shock for six months or so. :lol:

Wow!

Is it weird that I look forward to this sort of thing? Lol... Granted, while my boys will probably get taller than me, I don't think they will be taking after the guys on my side of the family any time (all of them are over 6', but all of the guys in DH's family are around 5'8-5'10ish, and considering how small/short the boys are now I'm thinking they will take after that side!)

But idk, that sort of thing just sounds so cool to me. :). But I've always been weird like that...pink just moved up to another class at church on Sundays and a friend was like, omg they are 4! Not babies anymore! Ad I'm like, 'Yay!' Lol

I wish link would grow out of some clothes. The last time I went shopping for clothes for him because of a size difference was 3 years ago!

I like having tall children.  three are taller than dh by at least 2" -  dudeling is only eight, but probably will be too.  2ds has smaller feet than 1ds, but 2ds is taller.  1ds hit his spurt early and was done by 15.

I have a feeling this is going to happen with DD when she gets home from Disney on Saturday.  I've been denying that she was my size for a while, but after a week away, I don't think I will be able to use denial anymore. 

Both my 13 and 11 year old dds are now taller than me. The other day I was walking in the middle of them and thinking about how I used to hold their little hands and look down at them. Now I have to look up. I try to find the positives (like I have a lot more shoes to choose from now since there are three girls in this house buying my size).