Menu

Searching Desperately for Online/Mac Homeschool Planner

So I'm STILL looking for that "perfect" planner for my Mac. I would be more than happy using HST, but that isn't an option since I don't plan on buying Parallels just to run that one program.

This past year I have used Scholaric and think it's pretty awesome. The only downside is that I can't keep my lessons to re-use with another child, so I have to re-enter all the information all over again. I have 6 kids (going on 7!), so that's an important feature for me!! I also would like something that has a little more record-keeping.

I just signed up for a 1month trial of HST Online and it's pretty intensive to enter stuff. I haven't come across very many reviews and don't know if it's the same as their regular Homeschool Tracker. Any input?

The Simple Plan by Mardel also looks great and it's free so I signed on to have a better look. They are in Beta testing and I feel like it has potential, but still has so much more to go (record-keeping isn't available yet, can't print, can't look at assignments in a weekly view, etc.).

SkedTrack and Edu-Trak haven't convinced me at all. I have read soooo many bad reviews about Edu-Track, and I really didn't like SkedTrack either.

Next is Olly. Which also has potential and I like that I don't have to have it online and I can access from my laptop or desktop with their Dropbox feature. I tried the 1 month trial last year and just couldn't like it. It was so hard and confusing to schedule certain assignments.

So here I am. Desperate because I just want something that will help me this year. I'm doing all my planning this weekend for the new year. I won't have the same time with a newborn coming in just a month.

I thinking HST Online is my best bet??? Anyone have success with it?

Thanks...and I know that finding the "perfect" planner is completely impossible. Scholaric would be my first choice, if it wasn't for not being able to keep my lesson plans saved for future kids.

Liz

If you've got a table device (Android, iPad, etc.) the Homeschool Helper App is great and you can "copy lessons" from one student to another - although I'd rather just create a lesson and click which student(s) it goes with. :)

It is fantastic - you can run reports, keep attendance, grades, reading lists, field trips, etc.

It does not work on the computer or on-line synching. It's only on the tablet.