Menu

iOS update for the OneNote app from MS

They are killing me here..... in the video in the article (i haven't watched) they show Android too.

Requires iOS 6.1, which leaves my lowly iPad 1 out of the picture - but hey, that is indeed the way my day is going!

Microsoft releases major update for OneNote app on iOS

In a post on the official Office blog, Microsoft has announced a major new version of OneNote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

First off, the update adds a much more rich editing experience. Now, files and formatting look the same across all devices. This includes things such as text, graphs, tables, borders, and more. If you draw on a note with a Windows tablet, the markings are then visible on your other devices, as well. All devices now support the ability to sync notebooks with Office 365 and SharePoint, as well as the ability to share files with other Office users. OneNote also now lets multiple people edit a note at the same time, much like Google Drive.

On the iPad, the OneNote app now features the Office Ribbon UI that we’ve come to know from Office apps for other devices. You can customize the font, color, size, style, and plenty more of text now, as well as insert and edit graphs and tables. On the iPhone, the app is finally optimized for the iPhone 5′s display, after only 8 months of waiting.

Finally, OneNote is now totally free. It use to be that you could only create 500 notes with the app before having to pay, but now that number is unlimited.

You can download the new OneNote for iPhone here and for iPad here.

Thanks for mentioning this. It got me back on track for "thinking" about what to use. That's why I searched and saw the Outline+ freebie.

I'm so indecisive. Just writing out my thoughts as this forum has been so very useful to me and I hope to contribute a little.

Olly-purchased but haven't been utilizing it. It's blah, daily checklist is very poor takes up about two pages without notes to print, updates to suggested things so very slow. I have to agree with a previous post of yours about it lacking a bit.

iStudiez- nice bell schedule for school structure and user interface, too much manual inputting.

Evernote-lack structure in a notebook/section/tabs format.

OneNote-loved it and its notebook organization, unable to make it work using Parallels on Mac. I had wanted to print to file (embed pdf) but was unable to. Gave up.

Homeschool Skedtrack-alright, used for one year. I didn't care for the user interface.

Now I'm considering using the web-based Skydrive OneNote to create and sync notebooks with iPads but there's no ability to annotate or embed pdf.

Outline-? possibility, embed pdf?

Homeschool Helper App- has all the planning potential. Major con with not being able to sync across ios as well lacking links and lessons being entered with more details.

I haven't played ith OneNote much at ll, I run Fusion and XP for my virtual machine. It's on the list to play with the next couple of days tho - but there the 4th and a kid birthday in there too!

Right now my biggest issue is I can't type without pain. Which is making a bunch of things not get done. Oh, I can type on my iPad p, but that doesn't work for what I need either. And I'm having a computer location issue. I have to sort that all out first,,,,

I'm sleep deprived at the moment.... Maybe it I'll ome to me overnight! :p

Have you tried Dragon Dictation on the iPad? It takes getting used to but it is free and it helps. My kids get a good laugh when Dragon Dictation gets it wrong.

I have it somewhere - but I'm actually trying to sort out what is causing the pain. I think it was a keyboard change on my desktop (and that is where I am instantly in pain - the iPad isn't really painful). I've switched back to the one I have been using since December and it is going better. This kind of happened overnight though - I typed 2 research papers for school without issue, and 2 days later I couldn't type a FB status!

But if it keeps up, ya, i'm going to have to start talking to the device! :D

I'm trying to open a pdf linked from onenote on my ipad and it won't open.  Is it not possible?

I don't know since I can't run it on my iPad.

BUT, do you have the PDF on the iPad? How did you link it? I would think it would need to be in SKyDrive or dropbox or somewhere?

I'm actually sitting here in OneNote on my XP virtual machine.... TRYING to not go play with it. Trying.