Menu

How long to see improvements from going dairy free?

Jean in Newcastle

Honestly, after actually DOING elimination diets, my experience says full healing "change" or whatever you are chasing after doesn't show up for a good six months as permanent. The immediate effects, much quicker and strange. But to *know* what it's going to mean long term, I'd look for the six month mark.

You could journal it day by day to see the changes right away easily. If I think back on elimination diets, I can easily recall two week "vanishing" problems though, just over a little two weeks is what I remember...the mark I most clearly remember is 16 days.

I was already eating pretty clean before I took dairy out. It was the last thing to go because it was the hardest for me to eliminate. I had terrible "seasonal" allergies. The day after I quit, I saw slight improvement. Three days after I quit, I woke up clear as a bell for the first time in years. Whenever I cheat, I feel it within a few hours, and by the next morning I sound like I have a cold. When I am off dairy, I have zero symptoms of "seasonal allergies." I'm still pretty grumpy about my doctor, who actually chuckled when I asked for a referral to an allergist because, in his words, all central Texans develop seasonal allergies at some point.