Menu

Looking to move to Jacksonville/St. Augustine FL area...

We currently live in FL so I'm aware of the laws, but I'm trying to get info on support groups/co-ops. I was wondering if anyone here knows of a secular group in that area. Are there lots of opportunities for homeschoolers? I'm hoping to find an active community of diverse homeschoolers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We could be neighbors! When are you thinking of making the move and where are you currently located?

We were there last weekend for a visit.  I have a friend who visits the area often and she said she's certain there are several homeschoolers there.  She's seen them in the library! LOL

We are anxious to get there, but have to sell our place first.

We are currently in the NYC area, and we are considering a move to the Jacksonville area so my dh can be near the Mayo Clinic for medical care. (We're considering a few other places in addition to Jacksonville -- ultimately, we will base our decision on which location will be best for my dh.)

I'm not sure of our timeline yet, but I'm sure it will take us at least several months to make our move. (We would like to sell at least one of our houses here before we buy another one, and there will also be a lot of other loose ends to take care of, as well.)

It would be so cool if we ended up in the same town! :)

I am not from there but years ago attended a small Christian conference in St. Augustine. Lots of really nice and helpful people. A friend also recently moved to Amelia Island area. She no longer does home ed but has been shocked at how many people she meets. Has commented that it would be easy to start again... I would contact the Florida Parent Educators Association and get the area contact person's info.

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread, but it looks like we are going to move to jacksonville/st augustine area this summer, and I would love to connect with others that have done the same. My son has been homeschooled the last two years and had also been homeschooled earlier on. I have an older son who will start high school this year and my youngest will go into fifth grade.