Menu

Lial's College Algebra?

I find the Lial's "naming convention" hard to follow. I used Lial's Intermediate Algebra as Algebra II with both of my boys. (I'm selling the text and answer manual in the classified sections right now.) I used the DVTs with them that I found free online at http://www.math.iupu...-11100_Algebra/ - if that link doesn't work, I've heard of people that bought the DVTs from the publisher (not chalkdust) for under $50 new.

I used Lial's Pre-calc with my eldest son and will be using it again with my youngest next year. I bought the text used along with the answer key. I tried to buy the DVDs used from ebay, but got burnt as most of cds wouldn't work! So I broke down and bought them from Chalkdust. Dana Mosley is great and they'be been "worth" the cost. But check the classified section here because every so often they do come up for sale.....not often, but...every now and then.

Hope that helps,

Myra

Lial's Precalculus will work for College Algebra. Just skip the four trig chapters.

http://www.amazon.com/Precalculus-Lial-Hornsby-Schneider-Series/dp/032122762X/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1371335917&sr=8-17&keywords=precalculus+3rd

I did everything except the review chapter for my middle dd and called it precalculus.

For next year, I am tutoring two students with the text. One student will do the review chapter, chapters 1-4, and chapters 9-11 (skipping the 4 trig chapters) for college algebra. The other will do chapters 1-11 for precalculus.

I find the Lial's "naming convention" hard to follow. I used Lial's Intermediate Algebra as Algebra II with both of my boys. (I'm selling the text and answer manual in the classified sections right now.) I used the DVTs with them that I found free online at http://www.math.iupu...-11100_Algebra/ - if that link doesn't work, I've heard of people that bought the DVTs from the publisher (not chalkdust) for under $50 new.

I used Lial's Pre-calc with my eldest son and will be using it again with my youngest next year. I bought the text used along with the answer key. I tried to buy the DVDs used from ebay, but got burnt as most of cds wouldn't work! So I broke down and bought them from Chalkdust. Dana Mosley is great and they'be been "worth" the cost. But check the classified section here because every so often they do come up for sale.....not often, but...every now and then.

Hope that helps,

Myra

The link for the DVTs is not working. Would you mind trying to post again? Please... I didn't know about them.

Shannon - Sorry the link doesn't seem to be working anymore......how I found it originally was just searching the internet for the textbook name.

Womanintheshoe - glad you found it for such a great price! Dana Mosley is great, but not compare to $45!

And Angie - thanks for the info about how to use the text book.

Myra