Menu

Swimmer's ear pain relief...

jenn-

I use this when ever I have all types of pain. http://www.campho-phenique.com/pain_liquid.html

It works great on my ears (I get super painful ear aches when ever I get sinus congestion--enough to make me stay in bed and cry) this works every time. Just buy a dropper and drip 3-5 drops in your ear and a few minutes later-- livable.

You an find it it in the bandaid section of Walmart, Kroger or Walgreens.

Works for lots of other things as well.

My little guy just had this and thankfully ibuprofen did the job for the pain. We didn't go to the doctor and get antibiotics, instead we used one dose of the alcohol drops they sell for swimmer's ear and then two doses of apple cider vinegar. Luckily for us it was gone the next day.

We use white vinegar for swimmers ear and it works faster than abx drops. I use it preventatively now too and the kids aren't getting swimmers ear at all anymore, and it used to happen regularly all summer.

White vinegar brought immediate pain relief for my son's swimmers ear.

Thanks everyone. Typically we don't swim enough for this to be a problem. Two weeks of camping with swimming nearly everyday did her in though. I will have to remember some of the remedies to try when she gets back from her next vacation.

I use a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. My kids say it itches when I first put the drops in. When it stops itching I make them keep it in for another minute. It only itches if they have swimmers ear. If I am using it as a preventative it feels like nothing (or so they tell me)

My little guy just had this and thankfully ibuprofen did the job for the pain. We didn't go to the doctor and get antibiotics, instead we used one dose of the alcohol drops they sell for swimmer's ear and then two doses of apple cider vinegar. Luckily for us it was gone the next day.

Just yesterday a friend was showing me her little boy's ear. Poor kid has dried crud all along his ear. (He's being treated.) I mentioned that back in the day our swim team would use alcohol and vinegar after practices. She had never heard of it but was going to try it in the future!

I hate swimmer's ear. I get it all the time. My kids got it when they were babies from taking baths! I guess we are susceptible. We had good luck with half vinegar and half rubbing alcohol. The vinegar restores the bacterial balance of the ear canal and the alcohol makes any water evaporate.

After swimming my mom puts a few drops of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol (equal parts) in her ear. Dries any water in her ears right up.

This is what we use as well. I hope to never repeat the painful experience my dd had with swimmer's ear last summer. She was miserable. This is our preventative course of action.