What's with the ads?

#1 MinivanMom

MinivanMom

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Has anyone seen the new edition of Landmark History of the American People that Sonlight is offering in their 2013 catalog? What do you think of it?

#2 MinivanMom

MinivanMom

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

bump

#3 ByGrace3

ByGrace3

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3389 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

I saw it at convention a few weeks ago. Just flipping through it, it seemed much more readable. The language seemed more understandable, better illustrations.... I actually considered using it whereas the old one never appealed to me.

#4 MinivanMom

MinivanMom

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thanks! Did you happen to notice whether they updated some of the outdated ethnic terms? We have the previous edition of Landmark, but I'm sorely tempted to go ahead and buy this new edition.

#5 Arctic Mama

Arctic Mama

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2246 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

We have a copy from this year's curriculum fair. I like it very much, though they pack a TON of information into the chapters and it moves quickly. For an overview of American History from each state/region's specific events, it was excellent. I'm using it as a read-aloud with a first grader and kinder. The good thing is that I know we'll be able to use it again with more in depth study in the next few years, so for cycling it is great.

#6 Arctic Mama

Arctic Mama

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2246 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Just to be clear, ours is "From Plymouth to the West", with a maroon border and colorful cover. I do believe we're all talking about the same product, but the pictures I'm seeing online show a very different book by the same name (which I'm assuming was the previous edition).

#7 ByGrace3

ByGrace3

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3389 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thanks! Did you happen to notice whether they updated some of the outdated ethnic terms? We have the previous edition of Landmark, but I'm sorely tempted to go ahead and buy this new edition.

Sorry I am not sure, but I would imagine all their changes would have included that. :)

#8 MinivanMom

MinivanMom

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thanks!

What's with the ads?