Menu

Words Their Way questions

Jamauk

I was given a huge box of books from a friend that is a teacher as well as a former homeschooler. As I finally dug my way through the box I discovered I now had a copy of Words Their Way.

As I'm reading through the book I think I may have just stumbled upon the final piece of the puzzle for my younger son. I started doing some research online and I see there are supplemental books for each stage. My question is do I need these books or can I do the word sorts on my own? Is there more info in the book beyond the word sorts? Would having these books make the program significantly less parent intensive?

Anymore info you can give me on this program? Thanks!

The supplemental books are great. They give you all the sorts for each level and have instructions and literature/activity directions. I use it to supplement another program, but it really isn't difficult to implement if you have the supplemental books. If you have a Barnes and Noble, they usually carry the books so you can look at them before you buy them. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.